Options

Once Was Blue

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited April 1, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
An old truck I drive by on the way to town. Processing done - Lucis Art.

OnceWasBlue.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Yowza! I love it. Old heaps are great to shoot!

Good shooting.clap.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    dank-photodank-photo Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Love the truck...but do you need the tree in there? The hard edges and the exaggerated blur seem unnatural around the tree especially...IMO...it would be nice to see the tree either completely cloned out, or blurred into the background...the subtle form there would be nice, but you don't need to make it stand out. Cheers!

-DK

www.dank-photo.com
  • Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Not the tree!
    I like the tree! It looks like a befitting companion to the truck. Each has changed in their mutual shadows.

M
    dank-photo wrote:
    Love the truck...but do you need the tree in there? The hard edges and the exaggerated blur seem unnatural around the tree especially...IMO...it would be nice to see the tree either completely cloned out, or blurred into the background...the subtle form there would be nice, but you don't need to make it stand out. Cheers!

-DK

www.dank-photo.com
  • Options
    dank-photodank-photo Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    I like the tree! It looks like a befitting companion to the truck. Each has changed in their mutual shadows.

M

I guess if the tree had as much a personality as the truck does, or maybe if it looked more aged...it would be more interesting. However, after looking longer at this one, I don't mind the tree all that much...the truck still shines in the piece (well, not literally:D ) Since watching "Cars" with my nephew recently, I see the "faces" in old cars more easily...and this one's great.thumb.gif
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Thanks to all for taking a look and commenting. The tree kind of bothers me to.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    What a great shot....I LOVE IT! Looks like a 54'ish split windshileld chevy. My father had one...ironically...it was yes ...BLUE! ;)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Looks sweet as can be. thumb.gif Nice work. I like the tree and barrel though the
    trees trunk edges appears a little overly blurry to me. The car in right background is the only potential really lose item if possible. :D Michael
    Michael