Relaxed portraits

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited March 31, 2008 in People
I posted in the landscape section the location where we were at when these were taken if anyone is interested in seeing those. As always, CC is encouraged so that I can get better at portraits.

I really love the feel that the black and white and textured layer gives this.
272610882_tn6ys-L.jpg

272616470_CLHR2-L.jpg

272607550_BK5mS-M.jpg

272844510_iUoYv-M.jpg

272601590_pyzwZ-M.jpg

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Julie-

Cool shots! My favorite is the last one with the face-head thing, I would so buy that if not straight give it grab-n-go technique and put that thing in my living room! I'd put my keys in the mouth haha.

Anyway, on your first shot, cool post-processing, but the contrast may be a little too high with the highlights present on the fences, background (are they mountains?) and the roof. Tone down the contrast when you process from RAW by adding more fill-light or just bumping down contrast in PS. Love the frame though good eye at keeping perspective of the entire scene while not forgetting you're photographing a child also playing in the corner.

2nd shot looks good, can't complain, its a candid! I like the DOF you applied to it, def brings attention to the child, adorable subject btw, I love playing with sticks as a kid, that is until my brother and I started playing with them against each other, then the fun stops (or begins?) haha..

3rd shot, mis-crop! missing Dad on the left! thats all though. what's that in the water? a fish? a bird? a shoe? haha, i can't tell.

4th, when you do hallway shots like this you should try a low perspective such as shooting from the hip-point of view. its hard to do when you're chasing your child though haha but if you take the time to go in the middle of the bridge and get low i thin it would have improved the entire frame and try keep the lines nicely lined up vertically.

5th, great candid, don't need any artistsic look to it, i just like the funny face a lot. i suppose you could crop out the air compressor to the left, but it doesn't really matter in this one.

Cool set! Thanks for sharing, hope my $0.02 helps a bit!
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Nice set of photos. Looks like ya'll had fun. I like 1, 4 & 5 (think I would crop 5 down to just the child and the head thing though).
    LadyTX