Dreamy Beach

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited April 5, 2008 in Landscapes
269830480_M8nVM-L.jpg

Exif

Pensacola Beach in the morning. Sunrise on one end of the beach with the moon setting on this end.
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• VrungelVrungel Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Interesting combination, good work !
  • WacrerWacrer Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    definitely gives it a surreal feel. Me likey! :D
    Full Circle Photography, Inc.

Scott McPherson

www.fortecinema.com
  • WacrerWacrer Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    Oooh. I like playing with other peoples work when i get bored with mine:) I cropped the top down a bit, just down into the halo if the moon, I think it really helps the composition.

A bit on cropping, I love to crop my photos! Some photographers say it must be full frame to be "true." All I have to say about this is tell a painter that they can only use one size of canvas, you would be laughed at, why is a camera any different?
    Full Circle Photography, Inc.

Scott McPherson

www.fortecinema.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Awesome photo! I love the color, the lighting, the composition. Very surreal. thumb.gif
  • saltydogsaltydog Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Great light and a very surreal feel indeed. Well done!!!

Sorry, off topic but...

Wacrer wrote:
    Oooh. I like playing with other peoples work when i get bored with mine:) I cropped the top down a bit, just down into the halo if the moon, I think it really helps the composition.

A bit on cropping, I love to crop my photos! Some photographers say it must be full frame to be "true." All I have to say about this is tell a painter that they can only use one size of canvas, you would be laughed at, why is a camera any different?

...there's an easy answer for that. A painter knows the canvas size he starts with, very much like you know the image size of your chosen camera/film format, or image sensor.

A painter then fills the canvas from edge to edge, according to his best artistic ablility and craftsmanship. He does not look at the painted image afterwards and decides that he'll just cut some of the canvas off because the upper right half turned out to be crud. Yet, that's what you effectively do with a cropped image - at the moment of creation, you didn't care much about what you were actually creating!

Okay, now you owe me 2 cents :D.

Greetings,
    Jana
    all that we see or seem
    is but a dream within a dream
    - Edgar Allan Poe

http://www.saltydogphotography.com
    http://saltydogphotography.blogspot.com
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Definitely interesting light. That time of day seems to produce very surreal results given the right conditions.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    This reminds me of a movie set...very moody and enjoyable to see.
    Eia
  • JthmeffyJthmeffy Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    I love it!
    Current Equipment: Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EF 28 - 135 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM / Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM / Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM
    Coming Soon: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM / Canon Speedlite 430EX II / Good Tripod (Hopefully a Manfrotto with a ballhead)
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    yes, very dreamy. I like it. Part of me wants there to be a stronger subject in the foreground though.
  • CajunKimCajunKim Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    I just love beach photos. Can I save this image to my computer to use a my wallpaper? Want to ask before I do. I usually change my wallpaper with the season so this would be perfect for this summer. Here is one I took last year. It's not the greatest but I like it.

DSC_0188.jpg

Kim