SOLD: Rebel XT Beginners Kit $550

BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
edited June 2, 2008 in House of Canon
Hi Folks!

I have upgraded to the 40D and I am finally taking the time to sell some of my old equipment, what I've got would function well as a beginner kit for someone who would like to take their first steps into the DSLR world. I'm including everything you need to start shooting except the computer.

263092250_6qiFS-L.jpg

As part of this kit I am selling a Silver Rebel XT. It is in good condition, and I believe it has between 10,000 and 15,000 actuations. I could only find three minor blemishes, and have included photos of them in the gallery below. I am including the original box, paperwork, and all accessories, except the original Canon battery, I am instead including 2 "Power2000" brand 900mAh lithium-ion batteries. I will also include a 512MB Kingston Elite Pro CompactFlash card to get you started on memory.

I am also including a home-built wired shutter release for those long bulb exposures. In the above picture, it is the small controller in front of the camera, and to the right of the batteries.

To go with the camera I've also got an Opteka Battery grip, it works well, and functions similarly to the Canon BG-E3, the only issue I've run into with it is that it takes a little bit more finger movement to press the shutter release than on the original camera. I've heard of some people sticking a little rubber bumper on the release to make it a little easier to push it in all the way, but I havn't personnally had a problem with it. I also have the AA battery tray that came with it to let you power the camera with AA batteries.

I've also got 2 lenses I'm going to be including, The Canon EF-s 18-55mm F3.5-5.6, and the Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro, w/ lens hood and box, Both lenses are in good condition, and have been taken care of.

To go with the lenses I am also including a Hoya 58mm UV filter that fits both lenses.

And to top it all off I'll include a bag to carry your new gear around, it should fit everything in it. The bag is the Delsy GOPIX 77, I never could find any reference to it on the web, but I believe it is identical to the GOPIX 75(The one I have is the red version)

Price: $550 + shipping - SOLD

Payment methods:
Paypal - Add 3%
Google Checkout - Add 2%
Money Gram
Money Order or personal check(Will ship after check clears)

Photo's of the whole kit - here
Photo's of the 18-55 - here
Photo's of the 70-300 - here

Thanks for looking!
Ben

Comments

• BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    edited April 7, 2008
    Just a heads up, I'm going to be out of town for about a week, so I will try and respond to any questions/comments when I can, but I won't be able to do anything else with this until I get back.
  • JuliusJulius Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Where are you located? This looks like a very nice set up. I'm looking for my first DSLR.
    The tools: Contax RTS II (The 35mm Vet)
    Poloroid t737 (The digi PaS)
    edited April 7, 2008
    I am located in Colfax, CA

Thanks,
    Ben
    edited April 17, 2008
    Bump, I'm back in town
    edited April 17, 2008
    Also I am willing to split the items.

I will sell the Sigma 70-300 lens by itself with the UV filter for $110 + shipping

And I will sell the Rebel XT kit with everything else except for the bag and memory card for $450 + shipping

Thanks,
    Ben
    edited April 28, 2008
  • takeiteasetakeitease Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 28, 2008
    FS: Rebel XT Beginners Kit $550
    I am very interested in buying this kit I would like to contact you if its still available
  • ghostryderghostryder Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2008
    beginer kit
    Please put me in line for the kit, if the first sale dosent work out.
    edited May 29, 2008
    PMs Responded to.

Thanks,
    Ben
    edited June 2, 2008
    Items have been sold!

Thanks all for the interest!

Ben