Easter shots

TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited April 8, 2008 in People
I know it is a few days past Easter but I just worked up the courage to put some photos up.

These were all shot with no flash, no pose, just trying to document the day. I normally consider myself to be horrible with people photos, but these were better than average for me. I actually liked some shots from that day. I have not processed these in anyway yet. I'm even worse at post-processing than I am at taking the photos in the first place.

He found a peep in the first egg and was not wanting to look for anymore.
269818661_FbB8u-M.jpg

Little cousin looking for eggs in the woods behind her grandparents house.
269814607_QRSvA-M.jpg

Her grandfather, my wife's uncle...
269820440_dC7H4-M.jpg

Wonder what she is thinking about, probably candy...
269821025_mYiXe-M.jpg

Another cousin, a very wonderful person...
269819260_XKsLb-M.jpg

I had a few more that I liked but do not want to overdo it. Thanks for looking...

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 1, 2008
    Hi there,

Don't be afraid of post-processing...it's all part of the game. The great thing is that if you screw it up, you can always just start over. :D You've got some good shots here, but I think they would benefit from a little brightening and contrast enhancement.

Regards,
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Hi there,

Don't be afraid of post-processing...it's all part of the game. The great thing is that if you screw it up, you can always just start over. :D You've got some good shots here, but I think they would benefit from a little brightening and contrast enhancement.

Regards,

Richard, thank you for the input. I really meant to say that yesterday. I will do some playing in Elements and see if I can improve these a bit.

Thank you again...

Thad
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    That first picture is a great shot. What kind of camera/lens are you using?

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    dawssvt wrote:
    That first picture is a great shot. What kind of camera/lens are you using?

Thank you...

Sony A100 - Sigma 100-300 EX
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    I'm with Richard on this one. Compositionally good photos but they need some pop to them - brightness, contrast, and saturation. You can definitely have some with these in post.