Cajun musician and his "squeeze-box"

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 1, 2008 in People
I got lucky yesterday, and FINALLY had all my gear with me when an opportune portrait presented itself to me.

I stopped by my church to volunteer with our youth group...as usual...but had just wrapped up a senior photoshoot. This fellow was the afternoon entertainment for our group. He and his wife teach historical dance at civil war re-inactments. He is also pretty handy with his cajun accordian. It didn't require much arm twisting to get him to pose with his squeezebox out behind the church. The hat makes the photo!

It may be a tad over saturated...

Comments?
273110222_HhirW-XL.jpg

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    The saturation is fine, but he looks like he's posing instead of playing which bothers me a bit.

Not a bad pic though thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2008
    If this was a posed shot, where's the elbow? I would have lost more legs and kept all the of the right arm.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    I like the photo. Looks like a very interesting man and yep, I like the hat. For me, I would turn down the saturation some.
    LadyTX
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    I really like this shot.

The man looks like someone you'd want to get to know! Awesome detail and texture in his face, instrument and jeans.

I'd tone down the yellow saturation and maybe play with the hue of the greens to cool it off a bit.

Otherwise a fantastic portrait, I like very much! thumb.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers