*Emilia* [A "Studio-wanna-be-tryout"]

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited March 31, 2005 in People
Hello friends!
I have been experimenting for a while, tryin' to put together my own little "studio" at home using "what ever you have around". I think I'm slowly "gettin' there". For these shots, I used a black roller blind as a backdrop, one Sunpak 383 Super and 2 white home made reflectors. I have the "head reflector" hanging from the ceiling, slightly at her right in a 45 degree angle. I bounce the flash, off shoe, via sync cord, straight into it. The other one was positioned at face level at her left in a 90 degree angle, for some re-reflector fill light. *Haha* Understand what I mean? :thumb
Next time, I'll work on the nose shadows! Evil Gnomes of Nose shadows, be GONE!

Critics, comments and ideas are most welcome!

Here is a few samples: Handheld, 1/125, F5,6 ISO 100
4249346c5b0cb.jpg

4249ce3b6cef2.jpg

424aea5929cc9.jpg

Comments

• LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    elfving73 wrote:
    Hello friends!
    I have been experimenting for a while, tryin' to put together my own little "studio" at home using "what ever you have around". I think I'm slowly "gettin' there". For these shots, I used a black roller blind as a backdrop, one Sunpak 383 Super and 2 white home made reflectors. I have the "head reflector" hanging from the ceiling, slightly at her right in a 45 degree angle. I bounce the flash, off shoe, via sync cord, straight into it. The other one was positioned at face level at her left in a 90 degree angle, for some re-reflector fill light. *Haha* Understand what I mean? thumb.gif
    Next time, I'll work on the nose shadows! Evil Gnomes of Nose shadows, be GONE!

Critics, comments and ideas are most welcome!

Here is a few samples: Handheld, 1/125, F5,6 ISO 100
    http://www.fotosidan.se/obj/photo/4249346c5b0cb.jpg
    http://www.fotosidan.se/obj/photo/4249ce3b6cef2.jpg
    http://www.fotosidan.se/obj/photo/424aea5929cc9.jpg
    I am by no means a professional to critique, but i would love to see more of you work and maybe some pictures of your set up...

I am trying to go down this same path

Thanks,

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    matty

i fixed the links for you. sandwich the file name (incl .jpg) inside [img][/img] tags.

i think you can go back with this model, you've gotten much better expressions out of other models - give it another go :D

thanks for sharing your technique, that helps folks out a lot here.

thumb.gif

edit: i guess that i'm not thrilled with the half-open jacket - it's not suggestive enough, i think. so either have it closed or show more, to makek it more erotic... and then of course you mightn't be able to post it here eek7.gif
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2005
    Looks very nice to me. thumb.gif

I have a link to suggest for you, there's a whole section just on studio lighting that you may find interesting - check it out here. The site is aimed at professional studio photogs, so it should have some useful info for you.
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    Thanx Steven!
    I haven't snapped any pics of my setup yet, but as soon as I have, I'll post'em!

I have some pics at http://elfving73.smugmug.com but at the moment, I have exceeded my bandwidth of the the month.

Matty

LiquidOps wrote:
    I am by no means a professional to critique, but i would love to see more of you work and maybe some pictures of your set up...

I am trying to go down this same path

Thanks,

Steven
    edited March 31, 2005
    Hey Andy! Thanx for fixin' my links! As usuall, I managed to exceed my monthly bandwidth! *Haha* So I linked my pics via a Swedish photo site I'm a member of. :o)

I forgot to meantion that this shoot was not a planned one. Emilia just happend to be around, tryin' out some her "new spring collection". :o)
    I asked her to pose just to try out my setup, I snapped 5-6 pics without any guidance what so ever. Just to try the lighting setup.

Matty

andy wrote:
    matty

i fixed the links for you. sandwich the file name (incl .jpg) inside [img][/img] tags.

i think you can go back with this model, you've gotten much better expressions out of other models - give it another go :D

thanks for sharing your technique, that helps folks out a lot here.

thumb.gif

edit: i guess that i'm not thrilled with the half-open jacket - it's not suggestive enough, i think. so either have it closed or show more, to makek it more erotic... and then of course you mightn't be able to post it here eek7.gif
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    Hey Matty - good to see you here. I've been missing your shots since I haven't been browsing STF for quite some time. Hope you post here often.
    edited March 31, 2005
    Thanx for the tip, DJ-S1! I'll check it out! thumb.gif

DJ-S1 wrote:
    Looks very nice to me. thumb.gif

I have a link to suggest for you, there's a whole section just on studio lighting that you may find interesting - check it out here. The site is aimed at professional studio photogs, so it should have some useful info for you.
    edited March 31, 2005
    Thanx Phil! Good to see you too! :):
    I've been sorta busy lately, so I haven't been posting all that much. And in the next few days we're having another member of the family commin' so I guess it'll be rather hectic for a while. But I'll try to pop in every now and then and post some pictures.

Matty

Phil U. wrote:
    Hey Matty - good to see you here. I've been missing your shots since I haven't been browsing STF for quite some time. Hope you post here often.
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    elfving73 wrote:
    in the next few days we're having another member of the family commin' so I guess it'll be rather hectic for a while.

Another eh? I guess you WILL be busy!! :D
    edited March 31, 2005
    Hehe! You know what - I guess so TOO! rolleyes1.gif

Phil U. wrote:
    Another eh? I guess you WILL be busy!! :D