Small Circle Jujitsu

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited April 2, 2008 in Sports
Took these photos at a small circle jujitsu testing this past Sunday.

272699267_ZmaqQ-M-1.jpg

272704846_bqRkB-M.jpg

272693058_TtHkp-M-1.jpg

272700548_e7W9F-M-1.jpg

272690651_Q5tg4-M-1.jpg

272706632_85y7C-M-1.jpg

Full gallery:
http://photos.cathoffman.com/gallery/4621895_2LxEe

Comments

• dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    i like the flip shotthumb.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Exposures and WB look pretty good.

And, yes, the throw is nice. THe others dont offer much of an interesting subject matter or angle though.

For instance - shot 6. What makes a submission hold interesting is the look of pain on the subject. First, you cant really see his face. Second, seeing that it's a test and not a competition you're less likely to get real pressure applied and thus a desirable expression.

For something like shot 4 - if you had the face filling more of the frame showing the exertion that could work. But with the current framing, the expression isn't sharp / detailed enough and doesn't draw enough attention. The idea being you want to see the sweat on his brow and the exertion in his face.

Something to keep in mind for next time.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    johng wrote:
    Exposures and WB look pretty good.

And, yes, the throw is nice. THe others dont offer much of an interesting subject matter or angle though.

For instance - shot 6. What makes a submission hold interesting is the look of pain on the subject. First, you cant really see his face. Second, seeing that it's a test and not a competition you're less likely to get real pressure applied and thus a desirable expression.

For something like shot 4 - if you had the face filling more of the frame showing the exertion that could work. But with the current framing, the expression isn't sharp / detailed enough and doesn't draw enough attention. The idea being you want to see the sweat on his brow and the exertion in his face.

Something to keep in mind for next time.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't normally photograph my own sport much, so it is most welcomed.