My stats have reset themselves...twice

shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
edited April 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

Over the course of today, I have noticed that my stats have reset themselves to zero. After the first time, it came good again when I checked a few minutes later. But 6 hours or so later, it has happened again and it is still reset and counting up from zero.

Is the stat counter broken?
Or is this an April Fool's joke?!

Nelson

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Stats are kept on a monthly basis, and reset every month. Look in the top-right corner for a link to the previous months thumb.gif
  • shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Stats are kept on a monthly basis, and reset every month. Look in the top-right corner for a link to the previous months thumb.gif

Right, thanks for the quick reply ivar:)
    So is there an option to get GLOBAL all time stats as well as the monthly stats?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    shrekie wrote:
    Right, thanks for the quick reply ivar:)
    So is there an option to get GLOBAL all time stats as well as the monthly stats?
    Monthly.

Stats seem important to you - you should really add the free Google Analytics and Statcounter to your site. Follow the "tutorials" link in the Dgrin Navbar to see how..
  • shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Monthly.

Stats seem important to you - you should really add the free Google Analytics and Statcounter to your site. Follow the "tutorials" link in the Dgrin Navbar to see how..

Thanks Andy.

Yes, I do have Google Analytics enabled already, but I find the Smugmug stats for individual galleries and photos within those galleries a lot more easier to use and a lot more easier to access the info.

With Google Analytics, there are often gallery ID's which are an alphanumeric jumble and you can't easily see which gallery they refer to. Also, as far as I can work out, there is no easy way to see individual photo stats in Google Analytics.

I'm no coder :D , but the option to have global cumulative stats would simply be an aggregate of all the monthly data that's there anyway, is that not so?

Thanks,

Nelson