Canon G9 shots

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited April 6, 2008 in Cameras
Finally this morning I had the chance to play with the G9.
I shot the picture herewith.
I still know very little bout this equipment. :wink
When I came home I saw that the CS3 doesn't read the raw files from this camera. I have to download the upgrade, later.
So, here are jpg files with a little treatment.
This time, no flash :rofl
:D
273807789_vxETV-M.jpg . 273808862_V5E53-M.jpg . 273808278_AAeK4-M.jpg . 273809287_r63Nm-M.jpg . 273814596_diLFj-M.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 2, 2008
    I see very natural, rich colors, without over saturation. thumb.gif

I like the composition of #2 except perhaps the fence in the foreground is not needed, so maybe you could have moved forward. Still, I like the older building in the background contrasting with the more modern building in the foreground with its bright tones.

#4 has some promise as an enlargement, something those 12 MPix should handle well.

How did you pry the camera from your wife's hands? :D
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    I see very natural, rich colors, without over saturation. thumb.gif

I like the composition of #2 except perhaps the fence in the foreground is not needed, so maybe you could have moved forward. Still, I like the older building in the background contrasting with the more modern building in the foreground with its bright tones.

#4 has some promise as an enlargement, something those 12 MPix should handle well.

How did you pry the camera from your wife's hands? :D
    Thank you for commenting Ziggy ! bowdown.gifD
    273824888_o2xu4-L.jpg
    I was standing in the door way of the church you can see on the left of the picture. If I walked to avoid the fence I would begin to go down the stairs and I would loose the hole picture.
    I must admit that I have not been very careful about the composition on these picture here.
    I just wanted to make some shots.
    My wife doesn't have much time to play with the camera...:cry to my great joy ! rolleyes1.gif
    Anyway, I think the camera is a little too small for me. I don't have great hands but ... I don't like very much it's handling. ne_nau.gif May be I am not used to it.
    In fact, I want to use it as walk around cam that goes everywhere and allows me to make little clips like I have done here.

:Dbowdown.gifthumb
  • Picture_ShooterPicture_Shooter Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2008
    thumb.gif I really look how the pictures come out of the G9. Great snappers
    edited April 2, 2008
    thumb.gif I really look how the pictures come out of the G9. Great snappers
    :Dthumb.gif
    273899653_6kgAe-M.jpg . 273900985_qRWCz-M.jpg

This B&W was made inside the G9 itself. I was trying the colors...

Some more nice shots
    273891156_u2jmc-M.jpg . 273890460_qEaEE-M.jpg
    edited April 5, 2008
    274989924_h7qjX-L.jpg

thumb.gif

Macro mode, flash against a white wall on the right, with the ST-E2
    Overcast day.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited April 5, 2008
    You shopping for a new car, Antonio?clap.gif

The jpgs from your G9 look very nice with great balanced color. I have been very pleased with my G9 as well. I wished it would handle ( AF and fire ) a little faster, but it takes very nice pictures.

The Adobe RAW converter does handle G9 files if you have the latest iteration, but did not when initially shipped with PSCS3.

The next task, for mine, is to shoot with a Hoya R72 filter, and see what it will do with IR.

The camera is small, but substantial. I like the heft of it, in my hand, better with a RRS L-bracket attached to it.

The ability to use the EOS flash system, seems to me, to be a great benefit too. I like your macro with the bounce flash - nicely done.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited April 6, 2008
    In this thread Jim told me: "It will be easier to get OOF backgrounds with the G9 with a larger aperture, a longer focal length, and a closer camera to subject distance - just like your shots, Antonio."

I made two shots a few minutes ago.
    Here they are: One with the wide angle and another with the tele.

The small photos are here just as information. They are not good shots but that is not important now.

What is important is that I could get better results - in terms of OoF - with the wide angle than with the tele.
    Jim, I am missing something here. ne_nau.gif

On the second picture the flowers are 1 meter away and that was the nearest distance for a sharp focus with the tele-lens.

The aperture was always the larger possible regarding the state of the zoom, if you know what I mean...

And now I am sure I was shooting with Aperture priority. And now I am sure that when using Macro the system return a wrong information saying in the EXIF that the mode was Auto. Or, I am missing something as well...ne_nau.gif
    275503977_5K7cw-M.jpg . 275504803_VPE6X-M.jpg