i like this image !
    i find it pleasing to the eyes!!!

Kirwin wrote:
    friday.gif
    3706644-L.jpg
  • KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    Hi Ben,

Love goin' to the beach... it's always relaxing, plus there's usually something interesting to photograph. Thanks for taking a look.
    bfjr wrote:
    Man, thats good thumb.gif
    Makes me wanna go to the beach :D
    Excellent exp., color, lighting is great
    Good Job all around thumb.gif another FZ success story :lol4 :lol4
    Regards,
    Kirwin
    edited March 31, 2005
    Hi Windoze,

The pic was intentionally cropped this way. It "felt" pleasing to me also to crop it this way. I think the reason why it does work is because of the large yellow umbrella is slightly offset to the right in the upper 1/3 of the image. And the relaxed couple fall below the center of the horizon. Just guessin' though. Maybe it doesn't work at all... because of the lack of response on this image... HA!

Appreciate you taking a look and for your comments. Thanks!!
    windoze wrote:
    i like this image ! Its the kind of picture i would take if i saw it....... ya know if i posted this image here are two comments i know id get 1) maybe crop it so the focus isnt on the middle and 2) the water line shouldnt be in the middle. But i wouldnt change it anyway - i find it pleasing to the eye even though im not suppose to ne_nau.gif
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    could be an ad :D

well done.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited March 31, 2005
    Kirwin wrote:
    Hi Windoze,

The pic was intentionally cropped this way. It "felt" pleasing to me also to crop it this way. I think the reason why it does work is because of the large yellow umbrella is slightly offset to the right in the upper 1/3 of the image. And the relaxed couple fall below the center of the horizon. Just guessin' though. Maybe it doesn't work at all... because of the lack of response on this image... HA!

Appreciate you taking a look and for your comments. Thanks!!

I think the color of the umbrella is critcal to this image and it works very nicely here. The rest of the blue and tan tones are definately subordinate to the gold of the umbrella. I also agree that the horizontal lines tend to create a relaxed, mellow feeling that the blue and tan color tones accentuate also.

Very nice.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited April 3, 2005
    Thanks Andy. Please feel free to critique anytime... always looking for ways to improve.

andy wrote:
    could be an ad :D

well done.
    Regards,
    Kirwin
    edited April 3, 2005
    Thanks Pathfinder. Please feel free to critique anytime if you see where I could use improvement. Thank you again for your comments.

pathfinder wrote:
    I think the color of the umbrella is critcal to this image and it works very nicely here. The rest of the blue and tan tones are definately subordinate to the gold of the umbrella. I also agree that the horizontal lines tend to create a relaxed, mellow feeling that the blue and tan color tones accentuate also.

Very nice.
    Regards,
    Kirwin