Hi. My 1st picture

Picture_ShooterPicture_Shooter Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited April 2, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi,

This picture was taken on a cloudy day on 3-30-08 off 360 Bridge in Austin, TX.

360again.jpg

Thanks,

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    I like the basic shot. Cloning out the Radio towers coming out the taop of the arches would be good. Also a bit of Midtone Contrast boost.

And maybe cleanup some of the dead branches and the greenery right over the Antena.

So.... Welcome to Dgrin.:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    Welcome to dgrin PS wave.gif

You'll find TONS of cool stuff in here and really catch the photography bug if you hang around for a bit mwink.gif

I took the liberty or running this image through a quick pit stop on my machine and posted it below to show you how you can make images pop. Just ask me to take it down if your not cool w/ me doing this :D

I was a bit heavy handed, but I only spent about a minute on it (literally). This is just to how you what you can do w/ an image. You'll quickly grow a critical eye for images and photographythumb.gif

Check out this link to see what else you can learn in here.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • Picture_ShooterPicture_Shooter Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 2, 2008
    thumb.gif I like it! I'll check out that link below.

Thanks
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin PS wave.gif

You'll find TONS of cool stuff in here and really catch the photography bug if you hang around for a bit mwink.gif

I took the liberty or running this image through a quick pit stop on my machine and posted it below to show you how you can make images pop. Just ask me to take it down if your not cool w/ me doing this :D

I was a bit heavy handed, but I only spent about a minute on it (literally). This is just to how you what you can do w/ an image. You'll quickly grom a critical eye for images and photographythumb.gif

Check out this link to see what else you can learn in here.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    Hi and welcome also! wave.gif

This is a cool perspective on the subject! Poke around in the Technique, Finishing School and tutorials gallery as mentioned and keep sharing your images with us. :D