The Couple

CarlCam5CarlCam5 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited April 3, 2008 in Landscapes
Would love your feedback on this one please:

270867827_Tw96u-X2.jpg
regards,
Carl

--
Carpe diem, or Seize the day.. ...with a photo or two - there's no better way.
:oogle:oogle:rofl:oogle:oogle

Comments

• ArgosArgos Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    Is this an HDR (or an attempt at one)?

Judging by the title, you want the viewer's attention to be drawn to the couple. But the rocks look so WEIRD (kind of blurry, kind of oddly colored), that I kept being drawn back to the rocks rather than the couple.

If your subject really is the couple, I think this would have worked better with a shallow DOF (so that the rocks would be out of focus). Meanwhile, maybe a pretty agressive crop to get rid of most of the rocks might help the current image.

My $0.02,

Argos
    Argos
    Lead dog at Old Dog Photography
  • PhilCollumPhilCollum Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif

This looks like it was a nice, serene, relaxing scene. Leaving the couple in the frame really helps set the scale of the scene. Kudos for "seeing" the shot. thumb.gif But the weight and utter-darkness of the rocks in the foreground, coupled with the extreme PP treatment, stresses me out more than it relaxes me. I think this image would do better with far less contrast, and maybe trying to bring some detail back into the blacks (or simply crop most of the rocks all together, like Argos suggests).

I'm not sure if its my monitor, my eyes, or your image, but on my screen it looks like you've got some fairly pronounced lens curvature. The horizon line is bowed upward, which is distracting me from your subjects. This can be corrected in PP.

My to cents, to add onto Argos. (Hey, you're up to 4 cents!) :D
    Phil Collum
    Phil Collum Photography
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Equipment list in my profile