KC Wizards reserve team playing Drake

TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited April 4, 2008 in Sports
Drake played the Kansas City Wizards reserve team at the practice facility last Sunday. I took these photo from the sideline. The Wizards Reserve team won 4-0.

I am trying to do a better job at capturing faces and action but sometimes they just do not want their pictures taken...

272467591_8Ay5M-M-1.jpg

272468614_FY2c3-M-1.jpg

272471651_kCU44-M-1.jpg

272474282_a36rX-M-1.jpg

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    Ok, you're making progress!

You now have faces. But you've lost the action. The second shot is the closest to having action but the timing is off - the ball is barely in the frame.

Also a note on shot 3 - try to avoid cropping at joints. either get the foot in the frame or crop above the knee. I wish I could tell you exactly WHY - all I can say is it just looks better.

Keep at it. Exposure and sharpness are good. Now you just need faces AND action (and preferably not cutting people off at the ankles).

YOu're on your way!!
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    johng wrote:
    Ok, you're making progress!

You now have faces. But you've lost the action. The second shot is the closest to having action but the timing is off - the ball is barely in the frame.

Also a note on shot 3 - try to avoid cropping at joints. either get the foot in the frame or crop above the knee. I wish I could tell you exactly WHY - all I can say is it just looks better.

Keep at it. Exposure and sharpness are good. Now you just need faces AND action (and preferably not cutting people off at the ankles).

YOu're on your way!!

Thank you, I will keep practicing.

These are straight out of the camera shots, no cropping, no adjustments by me. I will play with cropping so I can see and understand the "do not crop at a joint" guideline.
  • bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif Is #11 shy or were you pointing a strobe light toward his eyes?

Keep up the good work!
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
  • TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    bikingbets wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Is #11 shy or were you pointing a strobe light toward his eyes?

Keep up the good work!

I think he is just bashful...

Thank you for your kind words.

It looks like you are working on learning to shoor soccer as well. Your doing a great job of it!!
  • bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Thanks.
    This forum is a great source of information, and I consider it a great day when johng takes the time to help me out in here.
    Keep on shooting!

Betsy
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll