Problem with hiding filenames within a gallery

gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited April 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
For some reason I can't get the filenames to hide for this gallery: http://www.garrickdowns.com/gallery/4639172_njT2J

In the gallery customization, I have selected "no" for filenames, but can't get the numbers to disappear. Help?

Also, a quick aside, why do public galleries have the little "code" at the end? Most of my earlier galleries had a simple ".../gallery/#######" but it seems now that they all have ".../gallery/#######_*****" like the link above. Might be petty, but I was just wondering if something changed or if I'm doing it by accident. (not including the "code" at the end of the URL sends me back to www.smugmug.com.)

Thanks!!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    You have the filename as a caption, go to photo tools>edit captions (bulk) and add empty to all captions... then you'll have no captions thumb.gif
  • gdpgdp Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    Grazzi!
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2008
    gdp wrote:
    For some reason I can't get the filenames to hide for this gallery: http://www.garrickdowns.com/gallery/4639172_njT2J

In the gallery customization, I have selected "no" for filenames, but can't get the numbers to disappear. Help?

Also, a quick aside, why do public galleries have the little "code" at the end? Most of my earlier galleries had a simple ".../gallery/#######" but it seems now that they all have ".../gallery/#######_*****" like the link above. Might be petty, but I was just wondering if something changed or if I'm doing it by accident. (not including the "code" at the end of the URL sends me back to www.smugmug.com.)

Thanks!!

The _xyz123 at the end of your gallery URLs was added about two months ago. It's part of an effort to increase the security for non-public galleries (makes them a ton harder to guess), though the URL naming scheme change affects all galleries equally. You need all the characters (the numbers before the underscore and the characters after the underscore). Previously existing galleries may still work with the new codes (for some backwards compatibility with pre-existing links), but new galleries require them.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question