Looking for Macro Equipment Recommendations

46thga46thga Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited April 3, 2008 in Holy Macro
I'm interested in getting suggestions for some macro equipment, namely flash bracket and tripod/ballhead. When I look at websites for buying these items my eyes glass over with all of the info and choices.

I have a Nikon D80 and an SB-800 flash. I will soon be purchasing a Siogma 150 mm macro lens and 1.4 teleconverter. I'd rather buy a tripod that would be good for some heavier lens that I might buy down the road.

I've seen the photo of Brian V's camera/flash/flash bracket. Does anyone know th brand/model number of that flash bracket?

I'm sure this info has been covered before recently, but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

46thga

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    46thga wrote:
    I'm interested in getting suggestions for some macro equipment, namely flash bracket and tripod/ballhead. When I look at websites for buying these items my eyes glass over with all of the info and choices.

I have a Nikon D80 and an SB-800 flash. I will soon be purchasing a Siogma 150 mm macro lens and 1.4 teleconverter. I'd rather buy a tripod that would be good for some heavier lens that I might buy down the road.

I've seen the photo of Brian V's camera/flash/flash bracket. Does anyone know th brand/model number of that flash bracket?

I'm sure this info has been covered before recently, but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

46thga
    Hi- afraid my flash brackets are a bit DIY. The nearest I have seen to them is a Hakuba LH-1 ballhead (available on Ebay) but I would replace the ballhead with a small ballhead with a male screw fitting rather than a clamp so it screws into the bottom of the flash cord head rather than using the lugs. No info on tripods though I don't use them.
    Brian V.
  • 46thga46thga Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited April 3, 2008
    Hi- afraid my flash brackets are a bit DIY. The nearest I have seen to them is a Hakuba LH-1 ballhead (available on Ebay) but I would replace the ballhead with a small ballhead with a male screw fitting rather than a clamp so it screws into the bottom of the flash cord head rather than using the lugs. No info on tripods though I don't use them.
    Brian V.

I appreciate your response.

Your incredible photos are EVEN MORE incredible given the fact you don't use a tripod! Wow!