Photo mapping: several questions

MeadowneckMeadowneck Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 3, 2008 in SmugMug Support
1. I've mapped some photos (including a photo placed in Washington, DC several days ago) and they show up on the map I've placed on my Smugmug home page. If I select "Map This!" from anywhere in Smugmug and then select "all Smugmug photos", type Washington, DC in the "find" box, 43 photos appear on a map of DC, but not mine. Ouch - I feel left out. What's wrong? Hello World/Smugglers are set to yes.

2. Selecting "all Smugmug photos" and searching for a particular location on the map returns some photos at that location, but if I drag the map to a new location, nothing shows (even when the number of photos in the original search was less than 150). How do I get photos at the new location to show? Are we limited to only using the search box? If so, not every location has a name!

3. Nit pic: on the map, the "find" drop down menus choices have "Smugmug user" as a choice. Turns out it's the same as "nickname" in Control Panel/Settings/Account/Name/nickname. Smugmug should use a consistent term in both places.

Thanks

Rick
http://www.meadowneck.org/

Washington DC: Where taxation without representation thrives.