Options

Printing Question

dennismesiasphotographydennismesiasphotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 5, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a question about prints. I have a calibrated monitor and I am concerned that the image on my monitor is going to be darker than the print. I check all of them by soft proofing but I am worried if they are going to look to dark on print.

When I personally print through Costco, I have a certain brightness level I set my images for each paper. The images look way to bright on my monitor but they print just how I want them.

If I do these to my images on smugmug, they will look to bright.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Give us a link with some sample images in a gallery and I'll tell you exactly what to expect thumb.gif
  • Options
    dennismesiasphotographydennismesiasphotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Give us a link with some sample images in a gallery and I'll tell you exactly what to expect thumb.gif

Here is link http://www.dennismesiasphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/3455485_DZMUd#194131037

I also have a question about sharpening. I have an action setup for sharpening my images for print. These images will look to sharp when viewed on a computer but are whats needed to get sharp prints. How do I make my images look sharp on smugmug and also print very sharp? You can use the same image above as an example.

I am going to up load some personal files and order prints. I am thinking of uploading different versions with adjustments to brightness and sharpness. Do you think this is a good idea?