Emma and her shoes

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited April 4, 2008 in People
I have this odd tendency to draw half a face - one eye, half a nose, half the lips and half a head of hair- and just leave it like that.
I was doing this and class and thought that it would be a cool idea to put something that says a little bit about the person in the other half.
In comes my victim...um, subject of the day Emma. We did a couple of straight on shots but in the end I decided to use this profile shot of her face and then added that to a close up I did of her shoes.
I know they can basically be two separate pictures. But I think they work together.
Any other ideas on how to blend two shots would be appriecated because I want to try this idea again.
Also, any C&C.
Cheers,
a
274433982_Lf9u9-L.jpg
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Hi there. Looks fun. I like the portrait a lot. Maybe one comment (and I am not sure if it's doable + still look good). I would have tried to show her eye through her glasses .... But I do like your processing/colors. Looks very contemporary. iloveyou.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 4, 2008
    Any other ideas on how to blend two shots would be appriecated because I want to try this idea again.
    Also, any C&C.

It's an interesting idea. If you want to do it side by side I think you need to find a way to make the lines flow smoothly across the panels so that the composition is harmonious. To me, this example does not blend very well. The colors are matched, but nevertheless it looks like two pics to people who don't know the subject's relation to the shoes. Another approach would be to try to complete the line of the head with the toe of one shoe and the neck and shoulder with something else that might be relevant to the person. Or something like that.

Right, easy for me to say, isn't it? Doing it would surely be another matter. :D

Please don't let me discourage you, though. Creativity is hard but pays off big time eventually. I'm looking forward to seeing future attempts.