First HS Girls track:

johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
edited April 5, 2008 in Sports
Here are some of the track photos from the other night. It was raining a bit towards the end - lovely wink.gif 40 degrees, 15mph wind and rain.

C&C Welcome:

274734762_zK2Kq-L.jpg

274734328_92aSt-L.jpg

274733751_p4oni-L.jpg

274736323_sV8ym-L.jpg

274735842_kRztA-L.jpg

274737041_MAgTD-L.jpg

274737563_6kVZ7-L.jpg

274738423_2BHFy-L.jpg

And here's one with the rain - looks like chroma noise:

274738679_zJwnu-L.jpg

I apologize for the noise in these - I don't have noiseware on my laptop

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    I like em. They're all spot on for focus and the colors really pop for such a cloudy day.

Nice action too.

Do you sell these? Just wondering.

Gene
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Nice pictures John. thumb.gif

Are you able to shoot all the events (track & field) by yourself? The way they run them here, one photog can't get all the events covered.

Side note:

Pic #8 - the girls leading foot - how it's cocked sideways - I see that in a lot of my track events. It just doesn't look natural ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    rwells wrote:
    Nice pictures John. thumb.gif

Are you able to shoot all the events (track & field) by yourself? The way they run them here, one photog can't get all the events covered.

Side note:

Pic #8 - the girls leading foot - how it's cocked sideways - I see that in a lot of my track events. It just doesn't look natural ne_nau.gif

You think that looks bad, shoot football - you'll wonder how everyone doesn't leave the field with blown out knees. But yeah I know what you mean.

As for shooting all the events - I do OK when it's a single event (i.e. just girls or just guys) - no way I can get everything. Discus and shotput always suffer. For larger events they move things along too fast so I have to decide on track or field.

Thanks for looking!
    edited April 4, 2008
    kini62 wrote:
    I like em. They're all spot on for focus and the colors really pop for such a cloudy day.

Nice action too.

Do you sell these? Just wondering.

Gene

Thanks Gene. Yes I do sell them - although those are cropped a bit looser and have noise reduction software applied.
  • DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Good work as always John. The red colors really do stand out and help give you some pop on those dreary days in the spring.
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited April 4, 2008
    Dbl wrote:
    Good work as always John. The red colors really do stand out and help give you some pop on those dreary days in the spring.

Thanks Dan. I wish I could figure out how to tone down by channel on the mkIII - the red is sometimes a bit too much. But coming from a 20d, the colors of the mkIII really jump out - even here at ISO 1600. On the old camera colors were pretty dull at 800 and above.
    edited April 4, 2008
    What I have done is to turn down saturation in camera and then use selective color in PP. This works well in my Mark IIN and 20D but I've heard the Mark III is more vivid out of camera. I find the reduced saturation and contrast in camera really helps on bright sunny days, but you of course have the highlight priority to keep things under control.

Don't you have control over each selectable pre-set? I thought you should be able to adjust color tone or is it just not specific to a color?
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited April 4, 2008
    Dbl wrote:
    What I have done is to turn down saturation in camera and then use selective color in PP. This works well in my Mark IIN and 20D but I've heard the Mark III is more vivid out of camera. I find the reduced saturation and contrast in camera really helps on bright sunny days, but you of course have the highlight priority to keep things under control.

Don't you have control over each selectable pre-set? I thought you should be able to adjust color tone or is it just not specific to a color?

correct Dan - I just can't tone down the red channel. If I could adjust saturation by channel I'd be good to go. Either way it amounts to a step in PP.
    edited April 4, 2008
    Next camera, I think it would be a great feature.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    think no 4 and 7 show the most action and intensity