motorcycle racing pics

gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited April 13, 2008 in Sports
hello everyone a fairly newbie here but must admit i lurk alot lol. i just recieved my media credentials for the ama honda superbike classic at barber motorsports park located in alabama. I was wondering if anyone here has shot there from inside the track and can give me some pointers. I will be shooting with a d50 and a 80-200 2.8 lens that i have rented from borrowedlens.com. any and all info will greatly be appreciated and taken to heart. fairly new tp photography so ANY help will be awsome. also if anyone else in dgrin world will be there and would like to meet up please let me know. thanks again :D

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    You might want to contact maczippy from this board. I think he's shot motorcycles everywhere rolleyes1.gif
    He just posted a thread tonight here in the Sports section.
    Randy
  • SavedByZeroSavedByZero Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    If you are New to photography , Why do you have press credentials to shoot a race?. Is it for a job? Look at the board here there are lots of good bike shots. Guess you ll be learning on the fly.
  • 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Keep your eyes open in the back of your head.
  • sle39lvrsle39lvr Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Shutter Priority 160th or lower if you want decent panning. If you could, try to get a hold of a VR lens, which has "Normal" mode for panning, which dampens only vertical movements. Also, put your D50 in AF-C mode and practice continuous focus beforehand.

http://www.randrphoto.com/sportbikes/

D200/70-200 VR/~160th/ISO100
  • gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    nice pics sle39. ive been into photography for bout 2 yrs now and do some side work for the local newspaper here so i will be covering the race for them thanks for all the info and help i will pratice alot before hand with my friends on their bikes thanks again and more is welcomed if possible
  • StrickStrick Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    I would also recomned trying to get there for the thursday promoter practice. Not all the bikes will be practicing, factoriy teams usually sit it out, but it will give you some ideas of where to shoot from, and what shots you want.
    www.zoominphoto.com
    Various pieces of Canon gear.
  • gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    thanks
    i will be attending fri sat and sunday for the race and if anyone else will be there please introduce yourself as i would like to meet fellow photographers .