Visitor View...awesome!!!

shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
edited May 17, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I just stumbled across the "Visitor View" feature which I am assuming is new as I hadn't seen it before. It's fantastic! Thank you! Now I don't have to go back and forth between Safari and Firefox. Great thinking and great job! :thumb

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Cool, that was announced about 3 weeks ago :)

Stay up on things:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2008/03/17/silky-smooth-slideshow-eye-candy/

you can subscribe, or put it in your feed reader thumb.gif

Also a convenient link in your news tab, control panel.
  • shrekieshrekie Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Cool, that was announced about 3 weeks ago :)

Stay up on things:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2008/03/17/silky-smooth-slideshow-eye-candy/

you can subscribe, or put it in your feed reader thumb.gif

Also a convenient link in your news tab, control panel.

Ahh...I just added the RSS a few weeks ago so I must've just missed it:)
    Thanks Andy!
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    That is a very cool feature. Thanks for pointing it out - just shows how unobservant I am mwink.gif
  • PackMulePackMule Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    +1 (on all accounts)
  • skpingskping Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Love the Visitor View... but, have ??
    I love the Visitor View ( VV ) feature, and have been using it for a few weeks now. Kudos to whoever thought that one up! Now.. questions....

Today, I was using VV as I worked out the kinks in one album. Worked great... I liked that I would go right back to that same album, instead of back to my home page as in the past, when I would click 'Owner View' ( OV ), and thought that you'd cooked up an even-neater-update. That was great!

Next, I went to work on other albums, using VV to check my progress. Now, the hitch: whenever I click on OV from any one of those albums, I go to the album I had worked on earlier today; not my home page, and not the album I'm currently working on. What'd I do wrong? Or, is there a bit of a glitch that needs ironing out? Has anyone else had this happen?

While you're contemplating that one.... here's another... is it possible to have a Visitor View button on each & every one of my Smugmug pages? Is this something I can tweak (with directions) on my own, or something that can be added for all of us to use?

As others have said.... I LOVE VISITOR VIEW!!!

Thank you! Lee

www.skping.com
    Beyond the Guardrails

http://www.leejacobs.org
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    skping wrote:
    I love the Visitor View ( VV ) feature, and have been using it for a few weeks now. Kudos to whoever thought that one up! Now.. questions....

Today, I was using VV as I worked out the kinks in one album. Worked great... I liked that I would go right back to that same album, instead of back to my home page as in the past, when I would click 'Owner View' ( OV ), and thought that you'd cooked up an even-neater-update. That was great!

Next, I went to work on other albums, using VV to check my progress. Now, the hitch: whenever I click on OV from any one of those albums, I go to the album I had worked on earlier today; not my home page, and not the album I'm currently working on. What'd I do wrong? Or, is there a bit of a glitch that needs ironing out? Has anyone else had this happen?

While you're contemplating that one.... here's another... is it possible to have a Visitor View button on each & every one of my Smugmug pages? Is this something I can tweak (with directions) on my own, or something that can be added for all of us to use?

As others have said.... I LOVE VISITOR VIEW!!!

Thank you! Lee

www.skping.com

Hmm... I believe that intended functionality is for VV to take you back to your homepage, same as OV. Must be a glitch that you're getting sent back to a certain gallery. ne_nau.gif

I'll consider that a feature request, to stay on the page where you were. thumb.gif

I believe that we considered adding VV buttons to every page, but felt that they cluttered up the interface and that you'd always be just a click away from navigating to that page once you're in VV anyway.

Thanks for the feedback on this feature!

-Anne
    Support Hero
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2008
    This should possibly be a new thread, but one thing I have noticed is that "Most popular photos" has different photos on visitor and owner view.