ESP Preview II

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited March 31, 2005 in People
One more preview from last Saturday's shoot at the Eastern State Penitentiary before I start actually working on the whole shoot. I went from 800 shot images to 550 which were technically usable (there were the inevitable out-of-focus images because I was shooting mostly f/1.4, for example, but this is easily my best shot-to-usable ratio ever. I credit the models).

Those are now being pre-processed and I'll be going through them tonight to select which ones get kept. The pre-processing takes about 30 seconds per image, so I kicked it off before I left for work today.

I wonder if a discussion in the photoshop topic about our typical pre-processing workflow might be useful?

In any case... the more I see of this model (Becky) the more I like her. This shot is unprocessed - that is, from RAW straight to JPEG. No levels or color or sharpening, etc. The composition just caught my eye.

DBP-ESPShoot-032605-0159.photo

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    cambler
    Good shotthumb.gif
    Beautiful model :jawdrop

Thanks
    Fred
  • StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2005
    cambler wrote:
    One more preview from last Saturday's shoot at the Eastern State Penitentiary before I start actually working on the whole shoot. I went from 800 shot images to 550 which were technically usable (there were the inevitable out-of-focus images because I was shooting mostly f/1.4, for example, but this is easily my best shot-to-usable ratio ever. I credit the models).

Those are now being pre-processed and I'll be going through them tonight to select which ones get kept. The pre-processing takes about 30 seconds per image, so I kicked it off before I left for work today.

I wonder if a discussion in the photoshop topic about our typical pre-processing workflow might be useful?

In any case... the more I see of this model (Becky) the more I like her. This shot is unprocessed - that is, from RAW straight to JPEG. No levels or color or sharpening, etc. The composition just caught my eye.
    I would love to see a tutorilal on pre-processing workflow.

I watched a documentary on processing shots of the super-bowl that were sent to the studio wirelessly and assessed in seconds before final selection and post processing