picture priceing pro acct VS power acct

RLipp69RLipp69 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited April 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
is there anyway i can get around spending another $100 for a pro acct from my power acct to adjust my picture priceing? or can i just insert a link from my lab?

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited April 5, 2008
    RLipp69 wrote:
    is there anyway i can get around spending another $100 for a pro acct from my power acct to adjust my picture priceing? or can i just insert a link from my lab?
    I'm a little confused. The pro accounts allow you to set your own prices, and allow you to get paid for your photos. Using a power account, you wouldn't get any money for your photos (if those photos are purchased via the standard "buy photos" interface). In that case, people would be paying the cost of producing the print and not paying you. Are you looking to make money from your photos? If so, shouldn't the $100 price difference be weighed against the money you would earn from selling the photos?

That said, you might want to take a look at DrDavid's post about using Google checkout to offer packages and coupon codes. It's at http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=83981.

Keep in mind that if you do something like this you will need to place all of the orders. So it's really more work for you. If you're doing this solely to change the price for your photos, then I think you need to weigh your time in processing the orders with the price difference between the power and pro accounts.

--- Denist