Crap Shots of House Spider

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited April 7, 2008 in Holy Macro
I saw this House Spider on the carpet and I quickly set up my gear and put the settings as advised but I am not too sure and I think they are crap.

275109459_BeMJa-L.jpg
275109552_bdauF-L.jpg
Regards
Bob

Comments

• WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    I wish my crap came out that good rolleyes1.gif

Sorry I don't have any constructive advice. The settings look good. On the second one I probably would've shot narrower than f7.1 maybe, unless stacking. Wish I could point out something because the composition is great.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2008
    I wish my crap came out that good rolleyes1.gif

Sorry I don't have any constructive advice. The settings look good. On the second one I probably would've shot narrower than f7.1 maybe, unless stacking. Wish I could point out something because the composition is great.

William, I really do appreciate everything you have said and thanks a lot. You are right I should have gone down to F7,1. I did increase the ISO from 200 to 400 and OMG it was far too bright. I hopefully will get there with practice and acknowledging the mistakes on the way,
    Regards
    Bob
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Lovely shots Bob -
    slightly missed focus on the eyes in #1 but #2 is great.
    Brian V.
    edited April 6, 2008
    Lovely shots Bob -
    slightly missed focus on the eyes in #1 but #2 is great.
    Brian V.

Well Brian you have made my day. I honestly thought I had made a bad job of everything.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Well Brian you have made my day. I honestly thought I had made a bad job of everything.
    Regards
    Bob

??
    Main thing is to get a clean -in focus image esp of the head/eyes and you succeeded in #2. #1 is slightly back focused. The lighting is a little harsh - may need to look at your diffuser or the angle of the flash.

Brian V.
  • nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    shots
    Nice "crap" got any more? Loved both pics, but I am biased towards spiders iloveyou.gif , especially tarantuals. Lets see more!!! Great work, thanks for sharing. :D
    Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited April 7, 2008
    Hi bob, i dont think these are as bad as you think, really like the second one, composition could be a little better though, practise makes perfect . we all hope to get shots like Brian.
    phil.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    You did fine Bob.

No.2 is deffo better, as observed.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

edited April 7, 2008
    Paul Iddon wrote:
    You did fine Bob.

No.2 is deffo better, as observed.

Paul.

Thanks everyone for the reassuring remarks. Yes I would certainly second that one about us all wanting to achieve Brian's results.
    Regards
    Bob