SPEED World Challenge

The SlothThe Sloth Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited April 9, 2008 in Sports
I went to Buttonwillow with Horton Motorsports to shoot their press release and Hero Card for their driver. Here's a couple that I got!

_MG_1265-1.jpg

_MG_1396copy-1.jpg

_MG_1397-1.jpg
You can see it all here.
If they dont want their picture taken, then please hide or leave. :D

Comments

• The SlothThe Sloth Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    feedback? suggestions? insults? anybody?
    You can see it all here.
    If they dont want their picture taken, then please hide or leave. :D
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    I'm no pro, but the background in the first one killed it for me. That and the cig by his foot...:D Seems to me that kind of shot needs a better location so the entire focus is on the cool factor of the car and driver.
  • HiSPLHiSPL Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Good panning shots, but the noon time sun kills it. Shoot in the morning or evening to get some directional light. If you have to shoot at midday try to find a shady spot on the track and prefocus on it. Always shoot cars with a polarizer as well.

I agree with DJ-S1 about the background. Try to do some selective focus in photoshop to de-emphasize the BG, and then apply a vignette to it. If you have Lucis-art plugins that could help the "hero" feel as well.

Good Luck!
  • yzeeyzee Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    I do a lot of cars and races. I like the panning shots but not the first one. He needs to look at the camera and smile for the fans and sponsors. A pic that says I'm approachable. The posing thing just puts people off. Although I'm not familiar with him I will be to at least 3 events this year where Frederick will run.