Studio portraits

vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited April 6, 2008 in People
Hi guys

I haven't been around for ages due to personal circumstances.

However I have been doing some portrait work recently with my home studio setup. I recently bought a softbox so have been playing around with that (I use a neutral density filter over it as well-this seems to have solved the problem I had of my studio lights over exposing & I'm able to go upto medium or high output now) and also with a hi key background & rim light effect. I would appreciate some C&C as to how well these have panned out.

275396665_6vFfT-S.jpg
275396471_5m9Dm-M.jpg

275396220_UxMxa-S.jpg

275397185_2UsLq-S.jpg

275397510_mPvzh-S.jpg

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes. This is due to the fact i'm looking after an elderly ginger cat who keeps sititng on my keyboard when I'm trying to type :-)

Cam Olympus E500 & 14-45mm lens - shot in RAW
Nicola
Iconic Creative
http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
Raghu Rai

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 6, 2008
    Hi Nicola,

These look pretty good, but I think it would be helpful if you could post or link to larger versions.

Cheers,
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Hi Nicola,

These look pretty good, but I think it would be helpful if you could post or link to larger versions.

Cheers,
    275396665_6vFfT-M.jpg

275396471_5m9Dm-M.jpg

275396220_UxMxa-L.jpg

275397185_2UsLq-M.jpg

275397510_mPvzh-M.jpg

Hope this helps Richard
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    In the shots with a white background, it seems to me that the background is a bit too bright.
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com