A Few From Lee's Ferry

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited April 7, 2008 in Landscapes
I tagged along with my husband on his fly fishing trip.

I could not get the sunrise/sunset I hoped (fish take prioroty:rolleyes ) so I did with what I had. I have a few more but this will get me started with your C&C which is welcomed.

273693555_KZAuy-X2.jpg

273954536_AYqyA-X2.jpg

Thanks for looking

~Eia~

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    You were so close to the Mecca of Landscape photography. deal.gif

Did your husband stick to the shore or did you boat up the river?

Any shots of balancing rock there when you first go into the park area?

as far as the shots -

1. not a lot going on here- I am sure you were amazed by the colors but it doesn't quite come through in the shot. Utility lines are also distracting.

2. Better- could use a crop to eliminate the shadows of a railing and head at the bottom. Maybe some more contrast adjustment to enhance the shadow crevices of the rocks.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    They're pretty, but #1 could use a bit more sky. The top of the peak is very close to making a tangent with the top of the frame and it's distracting to me.

Light isn't bad but could be a little better if you took some more time before or after fishing (depending on which it was mwink.gif )
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    You were so close to the Mecca of Landscape photography. deal.gif

Did your husband stick to the shore or did you boat up the river?

Any shots of balancing rock there when you first go into the park area?

as far as the shots -

1. not a lot going on here- I am sure you were amazed by the colors but it doesn't quite come through in the shot. Utility lines are also distracting.

2. Better- could use a crop to eliminate the shadows of a railing and head at the bottom. Maybe some more contrast adjustment to enhance the shadow crevices of the rocks.

We were in a boat and went on the upper Co. River.
    Yep, got the Balancing Rocks.

The mountain is a crop from a larger picture that I took with our boat and truck so that is the reason for little or no sky. The wind was fierce and I just couldn't stand out in the blowing sand any longer, and it wasn't the 'magic hour' so...

We have been all around that area in the past just not with a camera.

More shots can be seen here: http://www.eikon.smugmug.com/gallery/4636568_rSc6z#273683807

Here is the original picture of the mountain uncropped, you can see my hsuband trying to hold his hat on due to the wind:

276175292_hkJzL-XL.jpg