Senior pics

joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
edited April 6, 2008 in People
i have learned so much from this forum. . .

Engagement pics: try to get the to forget about you and look in love with each other.

Sports pics: close in; in the middle of the action; faces.

Wedding pics: capture the emotion of the day when no one is watching.

What would you say about Senior pictures? What are we looking for to make a great Sr. picture?

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    My approach is to spend a few hours with them at their choice of locations.

My advice is that the photos themselves will likely be reproduced in bulk in a wallet sized photo. Therefore, most standing full length poses will not show very well. Head and shoulder type poses, and 3/4 length shots work very well in wallet sizes. My basic "senior package" begins with 80 wallet sized prints included. These will be swapped with classmates and mailed out with invitations.

I have a link in my signature where I have tried to answer this same question for other Dgrinners, as well as quite a few examples on my site in "galleries>seniors".

I hope this is found to be helpful.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Being one, pushing 60, I at first thought you meant the other Seniors! Why would they, I, want a pocket full of small copies of me!!!! Then I 'Got it'!

Yup, tight head and shoulder shots, sounds right!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook