Options

Mug Layout

af-photosaf-photos Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited April 8, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I need some help in laying out my first 15oz mug -- multiple of 525x1275

Andy gives some tips here:
http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Tips+for+Ordering+Mugs

I want to design a collage with one dominant picture facing the drinker (IN), and one facing outwards (OUT), with other stuff -- pictures and text -- in between : aaa,bbbbb,ccc

aaa(OUT)bbbbb(IN)ccc

Can anyone give me the X-coordinates (out of 1275) defining the exact POINT facing IN and OUT?

TIA

ps (edit) : I tried to search for MUG, but it's too short or common

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : mug
Alan :thumb
af-photos.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    edited April 6, 2008
    Figured it out -- I hope
    Since the sunset-3 (right) will face the drinker, half its width should be the offset from the right :

IN : 1275 - 0.5 * 604 = 1275 - 302 = 963

And since the left-half of sunset-4 faces outward (and is the same 604 pixels wide) , half its width should face out:

OUT: 0 + 0.5 * 604 = 302
    af-photos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Cool!
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Customer ordered CROPPED
    My customer ordered three mugs CROPPED.

The buy-me screen clearly says "THIS MUST BE CROPPED", and then the default in the checkout is CROPPED.

I emailed help asking for the order to be intercepted. (Pro Order # 546410)

--- Edit: I just got word that HELP canceled the original order and replaced it with a new, correct order.

I've changed the caption to provide the correct instructions, but that's two steps away from the place where the customer has to remember them.

--- Edit: And if they buy a bunch of items to their cart, it may be a LONG time before they go to checkout, by which time they will have totally forgotten the NOCROP warning.
    af-photos.smugmug.com