A Category that won't 'Arrange'(call me frustrated)

PAVPAV Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited April 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have one Category on my 'Photo Galleries' page that won't go where I place it. In the 'Arrange' mode it shows to be where I want it to be, (last) but when I save it and go back to my Category page it is right back where it was. I can set it to the #1 spot manually and it will stay there. (Where it is presently located.) If I set it to any other location, it displays in the #2 spot. Both when I am Signed-In or Signed-Out!

Right now in that Category, (Grandchildren) I have 1 Gallery set to public and the rest Unlisted. Because that Category remains visible in the public view, (even when all of the Galleries are set to Unlisted), I made that one Gallery 'Public' in order that the 'No Galleries Available' message not display when the Category is opened.

Actually, I would prefer that my Grandchildren's galleries not show up on that page at all, anywhere! But, I have not found a way to remove them from that page entirely, and place them on their own separate page. I had them in the 'Other' Category for a time, unlisted, but then I had the very same problem with the 'Other' Gallery! 'Other' would always be visible and wanted to stay in the #2 spot???????

Is there any way to force 'Grandchildren' to go to the location (the very last spot) where I want it to display?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit to add...I have these Grandchildren Galleries as a 'Share Group', and linked to in my Nav Bar. Can this cause this behavior???? I have run out of ideas to try...!

Paul

http://valentine-photography.smugmug.com

Comments

• phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2008
    Hi Paul,

I'm seeing that your galleries in your Grandchildren category or able to be arranged. I notice that they seem arranged in order now, are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, please email our helpdesk and someone will assist you.

Cheers,
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • PAVPAV Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Hi Paul,

I'm seeing that your galleries in your Grandchildren category or able to be arranged. I notice that they seem arranged in order now, are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, please email our helpdesk and someone will assist you.

Cheers,
    It isn't the galleries IN my Grandchildren Category. It is the Grandchildren Category itself that I cannot 'arrange'. I want it at the bottom of the of the list. But it won't allow me to place it there. When I do it defaults to second spot and won't go to the bottom of the list!!!

I'll email the helpdesk.

Thanks,
    Paul