Options

My First OOB Attempt...

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited April 11, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
My brother-n-law and his wife had their first baby a 2 weeks ago and they came by to let me take some shots and this is one that I got and I thought the OOB approach may work. C&C Welcome.

275807047_UnwZk-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    My brother-n-law and his wife had their first baby a 2 weeks ago and they came by to let me take some shots and this is one that I got and I thought the OOB approach may work. C&C Welcome.

This is a nice one for the family album for sure.
    Precious Moments, you did an excellent job for a first try too clap.gif
    Well Done! ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    This is a nice one for the family album for sure.
    Precious Moments, you did an excellent job for a first try too clap.gif
    Well Done! ... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy for your kind words. I'm really having fun :ivar
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Randy, that's fanstasic. I've never been a fan of OOB pictures, they're up there with cutouts and the such for me but this wasn't what I was expecting when I click your thread. I'm really quite impressed. I'd say that the bottom left of the frame is cutting into the physical boundaries of the hand. (I'm a cgi artist on the side so those things stick out to me.)

Oh yeah, how do you like that 5D? I bet it crushes your poor XTi in terms of sharpness. Got yourself a nice gearlist going on there as well, my friend.
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    Randy, that's fanstasic. I've never been a fan of OOB pictures, they're up there with cutouts and the such for me but this wasn't what I was expecting when I click your thread. I'm really quite impressed. I'd say that the bottom left of the frame is cutting into the physical boundaries of the hand. (I'm a cgi artist on the side so those things stick out to me.)

Oh yeah, how do you like that 5D? I bet it crushes your poor XTi in terms of sharpness. Got yourself a nice gearlist going on there as well, my friend.

Hey DI-Joe,
    Thanks for the kind words my friend. For some reason the OOB approach idea struck me as I looked at a good way to present this photo. There are a list of things I want to fix (a lot of which are outlined in previous post in this thread). I'm hoping to give it another go today but been crazy at the office.

The 5D ROCKS!!!!!!! It definitely takes some getting used to and with the new glass man what an immediate difference..not that the XTi was producing that bad. I'm looking to add 2 more L series pieces of glass soon (16mm-35mm Wide and the 100mm-400mm) then I think I'll be good for a little while ;)
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    That is beautiful. Fantastic work there.
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    IPClark wrote:
    That is beautiful. Fantastic work there.

Thanks Ian.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    SerratorSerrator Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Great image...and retouching work!
    My Photo Playground:
    www.flickr.com/photos/serrator