My first picture posts

BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited April 7, 2008 in People
CC does NOT hurt my feelings...

I mostly just want to BRAG about how cute my daughter is, this is Brianna and she is 2...

I kinda hate to post on here because you are pros and wonderful!!! I only take pics for friends and family for just a little money...mostly just pays for my processing time. But I'd love to get in more practice and get more equipment and make it bigger than that someday...

THANKS FOR LOOKING, AND ANY CC YOU'D LIKE TO TAKE THE TIME TO GIVE WOULD BE MORE THAN APPRECIATED...I CAN TAKE IT LOL!!!

One thing i should probably add, I can't help it, her hair IS that red, depends on how the light hits it on what color red too LOL!

All taken with the 50mm 1.4

1-

275852455_p7PRQ-M.jpg

2-
275853671_MB5r5-M.jpg

3-the BW conversion
275852986_Xaocb-M.jpg

4-
275844600_R4Vd7-M.jpg

5-
275855205_SZnXS-M.jpg

6-
275858789_Fuxvz-M.jpg

7-And just a bit of photoshop LOL
275851797_84WGr-M.jpg
Shayna
I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
www.BriShayPhotography.com

Comments

• dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Two very important points that make these shots great. First, your daughter is simple gorgeous and second, you are a Nikon shooter:D

Ok, for the real advice. #4 and #6 are great captures. Good composition, good emotion and good colors.

The rest of the photos did not capture that ahhh!!!! emotion you want people to say when they see your daughter.

#2 & 3 do not have the eyes captured in a way that is flattering.

#5 cropping does not allow us to hone in on the main subject, your daughter.

Thank you for posting your pictures. i hope I see more from youclap.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Thank you so much! I totally agree! Some past shots my daughter would have open her big BLUE eyes which could have made a difference in ALL the pics, but she has this squinting thing going on when she smiles now a days and if she knows I am taking a pic or have camera in hand she either smiles or makes a face Laughing.gif...I guess I've had the camera in her face for too long!!! :)

Thank you so much for the great CC and for the comments on my girly!
    Shayna
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Well.....she is absolutely adorable, and definately warrants bragging!!!:D

For C&C...

1 and 7- Sure it could stand to be sharper ...but...it is definately a keeper in color or monotone. I like it.

2 AND 3- I prefer the color version here. She has a cute expression. My only nitpick might be that the shot is very centered.

4- definately a winner!!! You might give it a shot at leveling those stairs in photoshop as it seems there is a small amout of tilting.

5-This one is too centered. Also, IMO horizontal compositions rarely work well with a 3/4 length shot.

6-Again, I wish it weren't so centered, but it a beautiful photograph as is. Excellent capture of youthful emotion.

Aside from centering your delightful subject in a couple of them I think you did a terrific job. Your colors really pop, and your daughter is a very captivating young lady!!! I wish I were that good a shooter when my kids were this young!!!

Thanks for sharing.
    edited April 7, 2008
    Thanks for the CC Jeff!

Some of the centering was probably my cropping too! I need to remember that!

#1 i was so upset with the lack of focus but with the lack of focus/sharpness made me kinda like it anyway...something about it i don't know.

It is so hard for me to chose good shots and bad shots when it is your own child!

Thank you so much for your time!
    Shayna
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I adore #6!! My little one is three and my most photographed subject. She turns her back on me now. Laughing.gif

I love her red hair!!!
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Excellent series. I love #2. Adorable little girl with lovely hair. Why even try B&W. These saturated colors go so great with her fun looks!!
    edited April 7, 2008
    Thanks yall!!! :)
    Shayna