Options

Mr. Roboto.

B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited April 9, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Just a quick shot of a robot I had the pleasure of meeting at the Dallas Auto Show. :barb
Post processed out two lights from the ceiling to make him the center of attention.

1/15 , f/5.6, ISO 400

275807413_aMiDr-L.jpg

C&C welcome. Thanks for viewing!

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    B Rock wrote:
    Just a quick shot of a robot I had the pleasure of meeting at the Dallas Auto Show. wings.gif
    Post processed out two lights from the ceiling to make him the center of attention.

1/15 , f/5.6, ISO 400

C&C welcome. Thanks for viewing!

Hey he looks terrific, did he work by any chance? or was he just on display.
    I love Robots, anything Sci-Fi .... nice work on removing the lights too thumb.gif
    Great shot! .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    that is sick, well done on a 1/15th handheld shot. very sharp from what I can tell. It's nearly time for the machine revolution isn't it?
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey he looks terrific, did he work by any chance? or was he just on display.
    I love Robots, anything Sci-Fi .... nice work on removing the lights too thumb.gif
    Great shot! .... Skippy :D

Yes he did work actually. They had a microphone set out in front of him and you could ask him questions and he would reply. I'm pretty sure he was made out of car parts completly. (I work on cars for a living) It looked as if all of his joints were controlled by the bow cylinders from a convertible top. I could be wrong but very similiar design. The cylinders had sensors on them and when ever they got the signal to move, hydraulic fluid was pumped into the cylinder to expand or compress them. At least that is how it looked to work. Don't quote me but thats what I got out of watching it for 5 minutes! ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    that is sick, well done on a 1/15th handheld shot. very sharp from what I can tell. It's nearly time for the machine revolution isn't it?

Thanks. I sure do love the Vibration Reduction lense my Nikon came with! clap.gif
  • Options
    javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Very sharp! He looks uber cool. It might have a better "balance" if he was looking into the photo frame instead of away from it (or out of the picture).

Wish i could have seen him (it??) in real life.