Natural light portraits

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited April 7, 2008 in People

Comments

• Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I love them! She is very cute and I just love natural pictures.

Very nice!
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Some very nice shots. My only thing is she looks very sad but maybe that's just me.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I love them! I am a huge fan of natural light!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Some very nice shots. My only thing is she looks very sad but maybe that's just me.

More like annoyed. :Drolleyes1.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    More like annoyed. :Drolleyes1.gif
    It seems she's got that, "You're sticking that camera in my face again" look.

The light on these is quite nice. thumb.gif

Did you, by any chance have a reflector to fill in the left (our right) side of her face a touch? Just wondering.
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    It seems she's got that, "You're sticking that camera in my face again" look.

The light on these is quite nice. thumb.gif

Did you, by any chance have a reflector to fill in the left (our right) side of her face a touch? Just wondering.

I didn't, but I'm beginning to realize that it might serve me very well. I've read on here that a piece of white foam board works? Did I get that right? In this particular picture, where would the reflector be placed, to the camera's right? I'm assuming that would be the natural placement.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I've read on here that a piece of white foam board works? Did I get that right?

Yes, a piece of white foam board would work "OK", but might introduce some white balance issues that may or may not be unacceptible to you. My primary objection to the foam board is that it's just a pita to carry around. (Been there. done that, got fed up) Look, at some point, Julie, you're going to purchase some proper reflectors anyway.

This Westcott 6 in 1 kit has served me quite well.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I didn't, but I'm beginning to realize that it might serve me very well. I've read on here that a piece of white foam board works? Did I get that right? In this particular picture, where would the reflector be placed, to the camera's right? I'm assuming that would be the natural placement.
    Yes. And you want to use it like it is a mirror, reflecting light back to fill the shadows.

As for the white foam core - works ok in a studio setting, but like icebear has already noted, it's a PITA to carry around on location.