Flash vs. Sharks -- Youth Soccer

photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited April 7, 2008 in Sports
Saturday was a damp cool day, felt more like fall than spring, that held the first match of the Spring 2008 soccer season for the Riverside Youth Soccer League. I hope this year bring more and better pictures than last. I made a few bumbles when I was shooting. The first was that I shot the entire first quarter at ISO 3200. I surely did not need it, I just forgot that my camera had been used in low light last time out and did not reset it. I quickly rectified that and moved to an ISO of 800. That was really to high too, I could have shot at ISO 100 or 200 with no problem but I wanted to freeze the action this time out and shooting higher helped me get the exposure right. I stopped the aperture way down for my lens. Which means I was shooting at 5.6 for the most part, some are higher some are lower. In retrospect that was a bad idea too, my depth of field was to shallow, often times the point of focus is on the one player but not on the real good action. Had I shot at a higher f stop I would have been able to tease some of that background out in post processing. Oh well...live and learn.

It was a wet field, in fact I was surprised we played. My surprise was in part due to the fact that we were using a local middle school field to play on. Play we did though. I tried to get a few shots of the kids when the hit the mud holes. I have tons of shots over in the gallery on ukvphotos.com. I hope you enjoy these and check out the rest.

With out any more blab blab blab here is a selection of shots from the Riverside Flash (purple) and the South Hills Sharks (maroon). CC welcome.

1)
275212467_fBnv8-S.jpg

2)
275283612_5uVPK-S.jpg

3)
275294988_xWFi9-S.jpg

4)
275315518_hZqSA-S.jpg

5)
275366531_JpcFj-S.jpg

"Make it don't take it!"

Jason