My first pictures posted :)

JuliusJulius Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited April 7, 2008 in Holy Macro
So I'm quite the novice but I'm hoping through help from this community I'll soon improve. Everyones pictures look so good I'm kind of embarrassed to post these. I hope you enjoy.
IMG009.jpg
IMG007_0001.jpg
The pictures were printed at wal-mart (boo) and scanned so the quality isn't the best. These were taken with an ancient SLR its a Contax RTS II with a 70-120 telephoto/macro on my first day shooting with a SLR or Macro lens. I am currently borrowing this camera from my uncle who used to be a photographer just to learn how to shoot with an SLR and manual focus. I'm currently doing a little homework and looking for a DSLR so hopefully I'll update soon.
The tools: Contax RTS II (The 35mm Vet)
Poloroid t737 (The digi PaS)

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Welcome to the asylum
    Be very careful. Macro photography, in addition to giving you a whole different outlook on the world, can be dangerously addictive. Pay very close attention to focus, and you'll be happier with your results. Shooting macro with film can get pretty expensive, because you really need to shoot a lot to nail your focus. Takes a lot of practice, I mean.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • JuliusJulius Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I know what you mean, I love doing Macro. I'm shopping around for a DSLR so hopefully I won't be stuck in the film world for much longer.
    The tools: Contax RTS II (The 35mm Vet)
    Poloroid t737 (The digi PaS)
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    Echo the comments above :). Like the texures and composition in #2

Brian V.