Category/Sub-Category/Gallery Timestamps

coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
edited April 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to now change the timestamps to reflect the most recent photo uploaded? IE I have singular categories, with multiple sub categories, and then even more galleries under which of the subs. ...however the time-stamp on the Category seems to be the date I first created the category...even though i may have just uploaded a photo to a gallery many layers beneath it. It confuses potential customers though who are browsing and think that no new photo's have been added since the time the category was created....follow me?

anyway, a few customers have asked me about this so i wonder how many sales I'm losing because of it. I guess i should just turn on the 'Clean' option on all my areas, but it's nice to see how many photo's and all that stuff too...so I'm sure hoping there is a fix here.

thanks in advance to all you Gods out there there have never failed to resolve my issues. I LOVE every one of you...in a masculine platonic way of course! :D

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I believe that the "last updated" time of a (sub)category is the "last updated" time of the first gallery within that (sub)category.
  • coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    I believe that the "last updated" time of a (sub)category is the "last updated" time of the first gallery within that (sub)category.

From this I've found that the latest time stamp on the category is that of the first positioned sub-category within. Thusly the sub-categories time stamp is that of the first positioned gallery within it.

So, by re-arranging the sub-categories and galleries, you can get the correct time stamp on the category and sub-category levels. ...this is not ideal by any means of course.

so...does anyone know how to automatically make this work...and/or any plans to fix this issue in the future?

thanks