Just getting started...

augustwestaugustwest Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited April 9, 2008 in People
Hi...I am just getting started (last year) learning the art of photography. I would love to have some feedback from anyone interested in providing it.

migrant+house+web.jpg

www.leftcoastvisions.blogspot.com

Comments

• augustwestaugustwest Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2008
    ...and one more thing.
    I woul also love to hear some suggestions on getting my photos seen.
    Thanks
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    First off, WELCOME TO DGRIN! clap.gif

I flipped through your first page on the blog, and you've got some amazing work! I really liked your series on dogs, particularly 'Fierce.'

However, it should be noted that you'll probably get a MUCH better response if you post the photos directly into posts - that way lazyier grinners (like myself, I'm about to go to bed is why you got the click through) can just see your great work!

Here's the skinny:
    1)click on a photo in your blog - retrieve it's address (at the top)
    2)in the post comment dialog there is a small button (the only one colorful - mountain with sun rising)
    3)drop in the code, and viola! pictures in post!

[you can even click 'edit' and put them straight back into your original post by clicking on 'advanced' or 'full' editor]

WELCOME!!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
    edited April 7, 2008
    trouble posting pics
    what is the recommended size for posting photos...i couldn't find the specs
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2008
    I don't think there is one. As a reference I keep it under 800px on the longest side. If I have more than 1-2, usually 5-600 on longest side.

Hope this helps!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 8, 2008
    augustwest wrote:
    what is the recommended size for posting photos...i couldn't find the specs
    When you click on the attachment button, you will see this:

276543071_3cHYP-M.jpg

If your pics are hosted on a site that allows external links, it is more convenient to link. Follow the tutorial here.

Regards,
    edited April 8, 2008
    frustrated
    Richard...I can't seem to get my pics to show up. I go to my blog and copy the url then paste in the bar that opens after hitting the "mountain" icon. But then I just get the white square with the red x. Where am I going wrong?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 9, 2008
    augustwest wrote:
    Richard...I can't seem to get my pics to show up. I go to my blog and copy the url then paste in the bar that opens after hitting the "mountain" icon. But then I just get the white square with the red x. Where am I going wrong?

raw+sewage+web.jpg

Hmm...I was able to paste this from your blog (hope you don't mind), but when I opened the larger version, I couldn't get that to work. Might have something to do with the permissions for external linking on your blog. ne_nau.gif

That's a cool shot, BTW.

raw+sewage+web.jpg