Options

new nec display has a littel red dot

RLipp69RLipp69 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited April 11, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
just got my new NEC LCD2090uxi display and noticed a littel red dot on my display near the bottom when i have a dark backround dislapyed.Is this exceptable? :confused

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Yes.
    If you examine your LCD closer, you'll probably discover some dead pixels as well.
  • Options
    Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    AS above, yes, that is acceptable. when you figure how many bits make up a display, having one or two "dead" or "stuck" out of the box is well within acceptable limits. If there are LOTS you may get a new monitor under warranty.

There is hope: Google stuck or dead pixels and you should find a range of remedies that may work. They include lots of flash web stuff, massage, etc. From what I have read, a "stuck" pixel (white, red, blue, green) is possibly easier to fix than a "dead" pixel (black). Good luck, let us know what worked!

VI
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
  • Options
    LovesongLovesong Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Van Isle wrote:
    AS above, yes, that is acceptable. when you figure how many bits make up a display, having one or two "dead" or "stuck" out of the box is well within acceptable limits. If there are LOTS you may get a new monitor under warranty.

There is hope: Google stuck or dead pixels and you should find a range of remedies that may work. They include lots of flash web stuff, massage, etc. From what I have read, a "stuck" pixel (white, red, blue, green) is possibly easier to fix than a "dead" pixel (black). Good luck, let us know what worked!

VI

VI has the right idea- basically there are 2 ways to go about stuck pixels- either the flash stuff (which can run for days before it does something), or the rubbing method where you use a lens cloth (or something soft) and with gentle pressure rub the area.
    The difference between a stuck pixel and a dead pixel, is that a "stuck" pixel is, well... stuck on either red, blue, or green. A dead pixel is dead, as in you can't fix it (that would appear dark/black on your screen).

But yeah- on an Eizo 5 pixels or less is acceptable.