Along the same lines as the one I posted the other day:

276605251_KVsVo-L.jpg

Hope you like it. C&C always welcome.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    Hi Richard. I like this shot a lot. Very artistic. There was one area that sort distracted me and that is the white area on the neck fo the violin at the very top. It just seems a bit out of place with the rest of the pictures contrast. headscratch.gif Maybe it's just me though. Actually after moving to another monitor, it seems that is a color swath or something in that area....not sure.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited April 8, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Hi Richard. I like this shot a lot. Very artistic. There was one area that sort distracted me and that is the white area on the neck fo the violin at the very top. It just seems a bit out of place with the rest of the pictures contrast. headscratch.gif Maybe it's just me though. Actually after moving to another monitor, it seems that is a color swath or something in that area....not sure.

Thanks, Randy. The top of the neck had been sanded to remove the finish, so it is much lighter than the rest. I suppose I could change that. thumb.gif

Regards,
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Along the same lines as the one I posted the other day:

Hope you like it. C&C always welcome.

Cheers,

Hi Richard, I really like the way you've created this image clap.gif

I'm agree with previous poster about the white space in the image.
    and I'm wondering if overlapped sheets of music would have worked with your shot?

Your processing of the image is very nicely done Richard thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Nice work....the blue color on the top of the instrument doesn't bother me, but I agree that an overlap of sheet music would take away the open white area. Then again the overlap may be a distraction to.

Sometimes I think the "as is" approach is the best. Sounds like I'm running in circles which I don't mean to do, but with a photo like this simplicity is best in my opinion.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Like what your getting with this continuing effort of yours. Pretty cool.

Some small places in the work seem to possibly need a little attention but thats just to me.

Looking forward to Collage III.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. I took your advice and toned down the bright part on the viol's neck and also cloned out a bit of it to simplify the lines. I was fairly happy with the results, but then a weird thing happened: I walked by my desk and saw the print I had made upside down, and it wasn't bad. Modern art...rolleyes1.gif

277155002_Wwbjo-L.jpg

What do you think?
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Cool...upside down thumb.gif
  • Options
    prity goldfishprity goldfish Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    oh very nice! i like it flipped like that. looks right side up that way.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2008
    Thanks Dogdots and Prity. I think I like the flipped version better too. thumb.gif