HOw did i do it?

BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited April 9, 2008 in People
I just love this picture of my daughter. I love the color, some may say it is a bit harsh but I love it! I probably need to smooth the skin a bit and get rid of the "crusties" around the nose LOL. There is something that just makes me love this pic though, i want to make more like this! I need to learn how! I can't always wait for luck...I know this isn't near perfect but it is the direction i want to go in.

CC always welcome

1 -

276443720_x4mbX-M.jpg

2 - While I am at it I thought I'd post a couple more, this was this mommy's fave...
276441225_SsVMT-M.jpg

3 - I can't wait to take more pics of this tot, these blue eyes, just perfect for picture taking
276449885_x9dj5-S.jpg
Shayna
I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
www.BriShayPhotography.com

Comments

• Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    WOW!! I love that picture too!!! She is one gorgeous girl!!!
    I would love to hear the details on "How you do it" too!!
    I absolutely love that style too. I often wonder how it is done!

GREAT GREAT CAPTURE!!!!!! I would so have that blown up and on your wall in a heart beat!! PERFECT!

Heather
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    I love strong colors like that. What a wonderful photo! clap.gif
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    1 -
    50 mm 1.4 lens
    Aperture 2.8
    ISO - 200
    No flash

She was right under my nose looking up at me...she is such a stinker!

I think the colorful sweater helped a lot, then i brightened just a tad playing with curves in PS.

Thank you guys for looking and commenting! iloveyou.gif
    Shayna
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    1 -
    50 mm 1.4 lens
    Aperture 2.8
    ISO - 200
    No flash

She was right under my nose looking up at me...she is such a stinker!

I think the colorful sweater helped a lot, then i brightened just a tad playing with curves in PS.

Thank you guys for looking and commenting! iloveyou.gif

I would guess most of the technical appeal in this photo (aside from the obvious cuteness and expression of the subject) is the lighting conditions. The wide irises/closed pupils and eye reflections are what draw me in to the photo personally. If you can remember what conditions you were shooting under (time of day, cloud cover, and what position you were in relation to the sun) I suspect that may help you (and the rest of us!) repeat your success! From the flat light I'd guess overcast but bright skies, but I'm no expert on this.

Gorgeous photo, such life and joy to it! clap.gif

And I love the storyline and BW of the second, although the selective color doesn't really do anything for me.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited April 8, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    I would guess most of the technical appeal in this photo (aside from the obvious cuteness and expression of the subject) is the lighting conditions. The wide irises/closed pupils and eye reflections are what draw me in to the photo personally. If you can remember what conditions you were shooting under (time of day, cloud cover, and what position you were in relation to the sun) I suspect that may help you (and the rest of us!) repeat your success! From the flat light I'd guess overcast but bright skies, but I'm no expert on this.

Gorgeous photo, such life and joy to it! clap.gif

And I love the storyline and BW of the second, although the selective color doesn't really do anything for me.

Well, i guess you are an expert because it was around 7ish, completely overcast but the sky was still bright! :)

I was just thinking on my drive during my lunch that i alwasy thought a pretty sunny day would be good for picture taking but the overcast days have given me my best shots!!

Thank you so much for comments!
    Shayna
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    I really like the second shot, great capture clap.gif Though I am going to have to agree with urbanaries about the selective coloring. It works on some images but adds nothing to this one.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
    edited April 9, 2008
    I really like the second shot, great capture clap.gif Though I am going to have to agree with urbanaries about the selective coloring. It works on some images but adds nothing to this one.

I am with ya, but what the "client" wants they get! Laughing.gif
    Shayna
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    What strikes me first (but not all obviously) is how well you did with your selective DOF. They're in focus!....Yaaaaaa!clap.gif I love the processing on these and the looks are priceless. Great job!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552