-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• demarrendemarren Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    Poppies and goldfields in, and near the reserve

Great pictures.
    but near the reserve,I am from belgium,where have you taken this pictures :)
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    demarren wrote:
    Great pictures.
    but near the reserve,I am from belgium,where have you taken this pictures :)

My apology; Western edge of the Mojave Desert, Antelope Valley State Poppy Reserve, Lancaster, California.

Just sort of took it for granted with the recent proliferation of poppy pix.

& thank you very much.
    Anybody can do it.
  • demarrendemarren Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    My apology; Western edge of the Mojave Desert, Antelope Valley State Poppy Reserve, Lancaster, California.

Just sort of took it for granted with the recent proliferation of poppy pix.

& thank you very much.

No Thank you :)
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2008
    I don't particularly like the DOF on #1. The blurry foreground is big, orange, out of focus, and distracting.

I really really like #2. Unusual composition/subject with the color of the poppies and the winding road competing for your attention thumb.gif
    edited April 9, 2008
    CatOne wrote:
    I don't particularly like the DOF on #1. The blurry foreground is big, orange, out of focus, and distracting.

I really really like #2. Unusual composition/subject with the color of the poppies and the winding road competing for your attention thumb.gif

Thanks. With the first on I had some problems with vignetting, where instead of the crop I should have probably thrown it out. I have some other, nicer shots showing that cloud collar off I should have posted.

Although I try to plan my shots in advance, #2 is what I got for turning around to let the wind pelt the other side of my head.
    Anybody can do it.
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    Thanks. With the first on I had some problems with vignetting, where instead of the crop I should have probably thrown it out. I have some other, nicer shots showing that cloud collar off I should have posted.

Although I try to plan my shots in advance, #2 is what I got for turning around to let the wind pelt the other side of my head.

Very, nice! I went back yesterday - I'm going to post a few more myself. I like the shot with the fence a lot.

Gary
    edited April 9, 2008
    gpgold wrote:
    Very, nice! I went back yesterday - I'm going to post a few more myself. I like the shot with the fence a lot.

Gary

Thanks Gary- How was the wind?

I'm thinking one more trip, at least by the place next full moon (or more likely the night after). I'm hoping there'll be some strips of color left. If not, I'll just makeout with the little woman.
    Anybody can do it.