Options

A Mixed Bag

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited April 9, 2008 in Holy Macro
This afternoon I took a few shots around the garden consisting of a tropical leaf, and unknown very small insect taken at 1:1 and also a snail carrying some kind of parasite at 1:1 and a rose stem.

276718843_CzK7k-L.jpg
276718859_eVYLj-L.jpg
276718883_y4bfX-L.jpg
276718904_vSeRb-L.jpg
276718922_rPW4F-L.jpg

I would appreciate if anyone can identify the wee insect.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Good series Bob.
    Rather like #1 - nice textures :)

Think the bug is a rove beetle. Never seen anything quite like the green blob on the slug.
    Brian V.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    This afternoon I took a few shots around the garden consisting of a tropical leaf, and unknown very small insect taken at 1:1 and also a snail carrying some kind of parasite at 1:1 and a rose stem.

I would appreciate if anyone can identify the wee insect.
    Regards
    Bob

Nice work Bob, sorry I've been missing for a few days.
    Renovations are almost complete now, and I have my internet connection back for now, I will lose it for one day only in a couple of weeks time.

I really like the first shot too, well done clap.gif
    That slug is one ugly looking dude I must say, I have no clue what the little guy on the back is, could it be offspring by any chance?

Good series Bob thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Nice work Bob, sorry I've been missing for a few days.
    Renovations are almost complete now, and I have my internet connection back for now, I will lose it for one day only in a couple of weeks time.

I really like the first shot too, well done clap.gif
    That slug is one ugly looking dude I must say, I have no clue what the little guy on the back is, could it be offspring by any chance?

Good series Bob thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks ever so much Brian for identifying the wee bug, I will be able to tag it now on my website.
    Welcome back Skip your absence really has been noticed and it is one real privilege and a pleasure to have you back. Oh yeah, I am still struggling with my MPE but enjoying every minute of it. Brian is always there in the background to help me out.
    Regards to you both
    Bob
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Thanks ever so much Brian for identifying the wee bug, I will be able to tag it now on my website.
    Welcome back Skip your absence really has been noticed and it is one real privilege and a pleasure to have you back. Oh yeah, I am still struggling with my MPE but enjoying every minute of it. Brian is always there in the background to help me out.
    Regards to you both
    Bob

Thanks ever so much Brian for identifying the Rove Beetle. I appreciate your comments along with Skippy and as you both know I try my best.
    Regards
    Bob