Geotagging problems? Or Me problems?

YmmittYmmitt Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 16, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Help!

I've got the Around the World plugin on my smugmug page.
I've been tagging pictures, but find that only some of them appear on the map. (Actually - the pushpins appear on the map on my homepage, but when I click them & go to the maps.smugmug.com page, the pushpin and the picture are not there. For some pictures.)

I've already checked & I'm not setting them to unlisted, and the Geography, Hello World, Hello Smuggers and Ext. Links are all set to yes.

For example - I have two photos tagged - both are the featured photo in their galleries - and the gallery settings are identical - one displays just fine in the maps - the other doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

---ETA: Never mind - I edited a keyword and suddenly now my picture appears. Maybe I just needed to do something to make smugmug reload the picture somehow? weird.

Comments

• pjppjp Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Ymmitt wrote:
    I've got the Around the World plugin on my smugmug page.
    What now? :D I'm in and out of the forum, and was just catching up today when I saw this reference. Please let me know what the Around the World plugin is, and how I can find it.

Many thanks.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    pjp wrote:
    What now? :D I'm in and out of the forum, and was just catching up today when I saw this reference. Please let me know what the Around the World plugin is, and how I can find it.

Many thanks.
    See if this helps.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/maps
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • danbrewdanbrew Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2008
    I encountered this problem yesterday - and it was driving me crazy. I have a gallery with 32 geoencoded images and only 10 of them were showing up when I did map this. Then I refreshed map this and 13 of them showed up. Hmmm. I refreshed again. 13. I waited a few minutes. Refreshed. 17. And so on until all 32 were showing up.

Of course I had recently (within minutes) uploaded the images. While large size (h x w), they were all 72 dpi and very quickly showed up on my gallery. I actually looked at each one in the gallery after my first problem. I suspect, but can't prove, that smugmug needs to update a database somewhere with your geo encoded photos in order to make them appear in map this.

:)