Options

Wedding to Remember

2»

Comments

• Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

Secondly, you are absolutely right about the XTi. It is still my sole camera, and while it has its shortcomings.....once you are aware of them it is an easy workaround. I am working towards a 30D or 40D, but am not at all sorry for purchasing the XTi.

Waht do you consider the shortcomings of the xti, and what are the work arounds? (i have an xti)
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Waht do you consider the shortcomings of the xti, and what are the work arounds? (i have an xti)

The two things I wish for are.....spot metering, and a higher maximum shutter speed. Working in daylight at wide apertures I have been limited a couple times by the 1/4000 speed limit. Other than that.....it's a camera and works.:D ....and it is definately a bargain these days!!!
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Thanks Karrie and Randy. Appreciate the kind words!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    Where there any difficulties with shooting in the Minnesota Capital (permits, etc)? I've got a wedding at the St. Paul Cathedral soon and the couple is looking for a close-by 'secondary' place simply for doing some photographs...
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words Jeff. Yes, the Xti works well. The focusing on the 40D is by far superior let alone the 1/3rd incremental changes one can do in ISO settings. I also love the highlight tone priority as it seriously helps from blowing out whites. Thanks for stopping by iloveyou.gif
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    These are amazing. Let me ask you about one: Elegant (by Grimace, processed by mua)

Did you do anything to set up this lighting, or did you just find a spot and thought, this would work.

Was there a lot of post in this?
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    Incredible series Dave!
    Adam and I were talking in DC about the shoot you guys did as I was heading off to do a wedding myself (for fun though). We got to talking about how many gigs he shot and I was awed. Now I see how you racked up so many shots - what a wealth of incredible locations. And amazing captures.
    Well done!
    Eyal
  • Options
    BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2008
    What do you say but..Wow! iloveyou.gif
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    These are amazing. Let me ask you about one: Elegant (by Grimace, processed by mua)

Did you do anything to set up this lighting, or did you just find a spot and thought, this would work.

Was there a lot of post in this?

There was a spot I had in mind and loved the lighting there. Grimaces shot was a zoomed in shot while others I took wide...glad we covered it from both focal lengths....Laughing.gif. His shot (Elegant) took a bit of processing as I saw the potential there and thought it would set the mood perfectly..which it did. Here's one of mine at the same time at a wider focal length. I purposely added some extra saturation for the mood:

276653053_Jokm4-XL.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2008
    eoren1 wrote:
    Incredible series Dave!
    Adam and I were talking in DC about the shoot you guys did as I was heading off to do a wedding myself (for fun though). We got to talking about how many gigs he shot and I was awed. Now I see how you racked up so many shots - what a wealth of incredible locations. And amazing captures.
    Well done!
    Eyal

Heheh, thanks. Yea, Adam shot lots too. I've put some of his in the gallery for the B&G as well. It was delightful having him. He got some real nice stuff too. The B&G are very happy. I'm almost done with them (working on the formals now) for their DVD. I didn't want to post any of Adam's as they are his work but couldn't pass up the Elegant shot...prolly one of my top 5 faves of the day!

Thanks for the nice comment!
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    edited April 15, 2008
    Thanks BriShay & Savedbyzero (hey, that's a song..Laughing.gif). Appreciate you stopping by. :D
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com