Help with MF lens on D50

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited April 11, 2008 in Cameras
Today I received the used Nikkor 105mm MF micro lens I recently bought. I've got it attached, dial set to "M", aperture ring at 32. I can adjust my shutter speed but where I normally see my aperture setting is a flashing symbol "F--". Also, if I pop my flash, I can't depress the shutter button. I'm a novice and not at all familiar with use of MF lenses on digital cameras. I'm obviously missing something.
Help!!!!
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2008
    I think I'm going to like this puppy....once I get the hang of it.

2402082542_749ae307e5_b.jpg
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
    edited April 10, 2008
    BTW Chris, I figured out the flash with some help from another board. Just had to go into the menu and change it to manual. It's working fine now. Colour me happy.clap.gif

patti hinton photography
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 10, 2008
    Patti wrote:
    BTW Chris, I figured out the flash with some help from another board. Just had to go into the menu and change it to manual. It's working fine now. Colour me happy.clap.gif

Patti,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to see it working for you. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Maverick_BrittanyMaverick_Brittany Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    Nice looking picture Patti!

Mav....
    edited April 11, 2008
    Thanks Mav. I'd hoped to be out practicing this weekend but rain rain and more rain. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:(: :(:

patti hinton photography