Best buds...

javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited April 13, 2008 in People
My son is at the age where he is starting to make some meaningful friendships. This past weekend we spent some time at our church picnic and he met up with his best pal. These two kids together are like two little bugs that can't stop moving. I tried to get a couple of snaps of them but it was so hard with all the movement. Plus, I only had my 55-200mm lense so anything up close was impossible. Here's a couple that I think sum up their friendship:

275188508_7n3rt-L.jpg

I had about three seconds to take this one!

275191634_pNcRN-L-1.jpg

This was taken about fifty feet away. They were trying to get a *sneak peek at the little train set up for the kids.

275194318_xxwv3-L.jpg

This is when they finally got on the train.

275204223_Thdr7-L.jpg

And this was on the bounce house. I had to jump to get this one because the wall of the bounce house was so high.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 11, 2008
    Nice shooting. I think you could improve the first one by cropping it some from the bottom, maybe to just below the elbow of the kid on the right.

Which one is yours?
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2008
    These are pretty great shots—more successful than you give yourself credit for, I think.

First, cute kids both. I don't know which is your son, but they look like a couple of rascals.

I like the tree shot. It's a bit Huck Finn. I also really like the slide shot as the two boys are looking at/towards each other. Tells a story about their friendship (as does the tree, I suppose).

Nice work.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Nice shooting. I think you could improve the first one by cropping it some from the bottom, maybe to just below the elbow of the kid on the right.

Which one is yours?

My son is the one in the yellow shirt. He's also the one that causes all the trouble!
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    Such sweet shots! clap.gif