My First Picture Post

dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited April 9, 2008 in People
I have always loved taking pictures, but just recently got really intrigued with the world of photography. Before I was shooing with a Canon Rebel 300D with a 420EX Flash. My camera died on me a couple months ago, so when I started looking for a new camera, I really started gaining interest.

My dad is also in this world of photography and he just shot his 2nd wedding. We both have an itch to make more of this photography passion, so we are going to start trying to get more shoots of weddings/senior pictures and what-not.

Anyways, I was looking through some of my old pictures and came across one I wanted to share. This was taken with my old Canon Rebel 300D with the 420EX flash pointed at the ceiling. Comments and criticism welcome...

IMG_0198Large.jpg

For those of you who are wondering, here is the gear I decided on getting...

Canon 40D
  • Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
  • Canon EW-788-II Lens Hood for EF 28-135mm IS Lens
  • Canon LP1014 Soft Lens Case for EF 28-135mm IS Lens
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash
  • Sto-Fen OM-EW Omni-Bounce for Canon 430EX (diffuser)
Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens
  • Canon ES-71 II Lens Hood for 50mm f/1.4 Lens
  • Canon LP1116 Soft Lens Case for EF 50mm f/1.4 Lens
Canon 200EG Backpack

(3) SanDisk Extreme III 4GB Compact Flash Memory Cards

Extra Sterlingtek BP511 Battery

Website
My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
| 580EX II & 430EX

Comments

• Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Great image. This is really dynamic looking due to the pose and the background.

You must be loving using your new 40D. I certainly am thrilled with the performance and handling of mine, which I've had a little more than a week.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    What a fun shot! Just a suggestion meant as a help. Use your patch tool/healing brush to remove some unwanted blemishes that may distract from such a fun look. Keep shooting and have lots and lots of fun! thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Great image. This is really dynamic looking due to the pose and the background.

You must be loving using your new 40D. I certainly am thrilled with the performance and handling of mine, which I've had a little more than a week.

It's actually arriving to my house tomorrow. I can't wait wings.gif

Swartzy wrote:
    What a fun shot! Just a suggestion meant as a help. Use your patch tool/healing brush to remove some unwanted blemishes that may distract from such a fun look. Keep shooting and have lots and lots of fun! thumb.gif

Yea, I see what you are talking about. When I took this picture, I wasn't much into the whole photography world, so I never photoshopped any of them. I will be with my new gear thumb.gif

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX