Options

Someone else's print shipped to customer

MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited April 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello,

I have sent a couple emails to the help desk, and will now try here. An Australian customer emailed me this morning, very disappointed in the 24x36 print he received of a Japanese road-racing bike. The reason behind his disappointment, was that the image he ordered was of a Harley Top Fuel drag bike, and the metric road-racer wasn't an image I ever shot or posted on any of my galleries. I assume somewhere, someone expecting a Honda got an exploding Top Fuel Harley instead. The customer and I hope this can be quickly rectified by SmugMug, and that he will not be required to ship the large image back at his expense from Australia to the US, but no one has yet responded to the email I sent this morning.

I assured the customer that this is the first time anything like this has happened to me, and that I was sure SmugMug would do the right thing.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2008
    Hi Mike, we're handling this from the help desk, we only got one email from you, at 4:20pm Eastern time today (about 15 minutes ago).

I'll reply from the desk as well, but here too... I'm certain it's just a human mistake, we do 10s of thousands of orders in a week and these things can happen (though they are very infrequent). I'm really sorry it happened to you and your customer, but I will personally see to it that it gets sorted out immediately.

Every single order is fully guaranteed. Back to you soon.
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Our Manager of Support had contacted your customer after he wrote us - and we answered him immediately last night.

A new print is already in the works, and I refunded your customer's shipping of $38 bucks.
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Thanks Andy. In the email I wrote around 4:28 AM this morning, I wrote that since he is printing such a huge image, I hoped you or he would opt for the re-done images in larger dimensions. I know you guys are great to deal with and that you'll get it done well. Thanks for your help. The new versions are here:

http://MikeMcA2.smugmug.com/photos/277041106_c88Xa-L.jpg

http://MikeMcA2.smugmug.com/photos/277041160_r2zY3-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    MikeMcA² wrote:
    Thanks Andy. In the email I wrote around 4:28 AM this morning, I wrote that since he is printing such a huge image, i hoped you or he would opt for the re-done images in larger dimensions. I know you guys are great to deal with and that you'll get it done well. Thanks for your help. The new versions are here:

http://MikeMcA2.smugmug.com/photos/277041106_c88Xa-L.jpg

http://MikeMcA2.smugmug.com/photos/277041160_r2zY3-L.jpg
    Mike, it's likely already processing and printing, we'll check...
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Mike, it's likely already processing and printing, we'll check...
    it's already printed - and shipped. And you gave me to files above, but there was only one in the order ? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    Same image, different crop. Frankly, I was not sure which crop he had ordered. I sent that email to him and you this morning around 3:30 central, just after I received his email and before any order was reprocessed. Hope it all works out. Thanks for your help Andy. You guys have been great to deal with.
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2008
    MikeMcA² wrote:
    Same image, different crop. Frankly, I was not sure which crop he had ordered. I sent that email to him and you this morning around 3:30 central, just after I received his email and before any order was reprocessed. Hope it all works out. Thanks for your help Andy. You guys have been great to deal with.
    It's our pleasure. After he gets the reprint, let us know if there's any trouble, we can use one of your redone images again.